Question
HP Officejet Pro 8500A Premium prints partial pages and freezes
Replies (12)

Top Student
obeauche
Message 11 of 13 (688 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8500A Premium prints partial pages and freezes

I also have the same error. HP support has been USELESS here.

I have a MAC as well and when I got to the point of needing a firmware upgrade, the guy via the support chat couldn't WAIT to say "sorry, I can't help you... " you're on your own!! bye.

...and of course, I had the run around, unplug this, wait around, plug it again, try again - oh, what is that code - unplug it, plug it in. .... 

Just give me an f'ing RMA and let me move on with my life.

Honor Student
Garrison57
Message 12 of 13 (671 Views)

I noticed that you have the printer connected to your LAN via 802.11x wireless.  I set up the same printer 2 days ago and print to it with 3 Windows PCs and 1 MAC.  Printer was unstable during many operations initially, including going into sleep mode, until I tried attaching it to my LAN via direct ethernet cable.  Since attaching to the LAN via a wired ethernet connection, it has been stable.  Keeping my fingers crossed.  IF this holds, it's still a problem that printer doesn't work as advertised, but in the meantime, I seem to have a printer that functions.

Top Student
obeauche
Message 13 of 13 (668 Views)

I may have solve this problem -

1) I disabled the wireless via the http interface (EWS), and plugged the printer into the ethernet (wired) network. The manual says that this will disable the wireless network (presumably, you need link for that to happen)

2) I performed a complete reset (instructions copied below)

1. Touch the bottom left corner of the control panel for four times to enter the 'support menu' and touch 'OK'.
2. Navigate and select the 'reset menu' and touch 'OK'
3. Select 'Semi full' reset and touch 'OK'.

3) I re-added the printer to all my MACs.

NOW - I ran the printer like this for 2 days. I did NOT enable the ePrintCenter services or try to do a firmware upgrade via the network during this period of time. I did note that I was running LRP1FN1048PR of the firmware.

The printer did not have any problems with crashing, or anything else. No more C0260000 errors.

I decided that the printer had an issue with being on the wireless network. I also decided that it was highly unlikely that two printer had the EXACT same hardware issue - so the issue was likely the firmware or something to do with how the printer interacted with my wireless network. Since I can't fix the firmware issue, I decided to look around for issue with the wireless and bonjour - which is the protocol I was using to discover and print to the printer, since my house is now all MAC.

4) I googled around and found 2 tid bits of information -

4a) I disabled IPv6 support on the printer via the http (EWS) interface. Not really related to MAC per se, but I don't need IPv6 on my network - so nothing wrong with shutting it off.

4b) I found that there MAY be a problem with the Linksys WRT610N router with bonjour that is "fixed" when enabling the Filter Multicase setting under security on the router. I figured there was no harm in trying this.

5) I pulled the ethernet out of the router and put the printer back on the wireless network. I noted that the firmware version was still the same. I printed the network status/configuration report just to have it. 

...2 days later - not a single problem. I've run the printer though it's paces. Multiple printouts, duplexing, copies etc. The only thing I haven't done is faxing.

I did try to register for the eprint services again but the 'server' was unavailable. No big deal. I think the problem is solved. I think the issue was related to how the wireless printer interacts with the network. Disabling those services may have been related - either way, the problem hasn't reappeared in a few days now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation