Question

Honor Student
StephenNg
Message 1 of 8 (3,707 Views)

HP P1006 does not continue printing after paper out

After I upgraded to Snow Leopard, when my P1006 runs out of paper, the printer driver does not inform me of this and then when I put more paper in the tray, it does not continue to print. The orange LED flashes but does not start printing. Even if I reprint from the program it will not print until I power off and on the printer.

This was never a problem in OS X 10.5.

I am using the current version of driver from HP (1.1.0.182).

Any suggestions on how to solve this?

Stephen Ng 

Honor Student
StephenNg
Message 2 of 8 (3,702 Views)

Re: HP P1006 does not continue printing after paper out

I tried the same thing with a Canon S830 and there was no problem. The printer driver reported the paper out condition, waited for me to add paper and then resumed printing after I pressed the resume button.The Laserjet should detect the paper automatically and resume printing.I conclude that it's HP's driver that's not behaving properly.
Intern
TwinsXT
Message 3 of 8 (3,423 Views)

You can get the newer driver from Apple software update for P1006. it has better printing performance on Windows 7 support.

Meanwhile, when you encounter the out of paper issue during the printing, you noticed that the orange LED blinking and no pop-up windows for you to continue printing. You can open and close cartridge door to resume printing.

Hope it helps.

I am an employee of HP but I only speak for myself and not for the company.
Honor Student
StephenNg
Message 4 of 8 (3,393 Views)

I have the latest driver (v 1.2.0.224) and it has not fixed the problem. Your trick with the ink cartridge door works, though I did not test it for the case where there are lots of pages still to print. With 1 page, it works, probably because its buffer is large enough.

I really think its time HP gets its act together. Either, tell us that there is no more support for the printer or fix the problem. I'll be all too happy to get rid of the printer and buy another brand.

Intern
TwinsXT
Message 5 of 8 (3,363 Views)

Hi StephenNg,

Thank you for the feedback.

I think this issue will get well addressing in the future sw release. Stay tuned...

I am an employee of HP but I only speak for myself and not for the company.
Student
kalli23
Message 6 of 8 (3,324 Views)

Hi to you al,

I have the HP P1005 printer with similar problem. The only difference is that it does not print out at all. I have all the latest drivers, the latest mac os x and so on. I have tried re-installing the driver, reattaching the printer, numerous restarts, unplug-replug in. Open and close the toner lid does not work, even changing the toner doesn't work either. This problem started after running out of paper. The printer works fine with windows vista computer... I am getting really frustrated because of this problem, I really need the printer to work so this problem has to been fixed ASAP.

Hoping the best......

Student
rickrich
Message 7 of 8 (3,303 Views)

I have the HP P1005 printer, latest OSX drivers from the website installed today.  Printer works except when there is an "out of paper" error.  Printer blinks orange LEDs, there is NO pop up displayed in the OSX GUI.  However, it does work in Windows/XP (print, out of paper, hit Retry in XP GUI).

Student
didjdude
Message 8 of 8 (260 Views)

"You can open and close cartridge door to resume printing."...now how simple is that?  And it really really works.  Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation