Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

••• REPOSTING! STILL NOT RESOLVED! •••

PRINTER: HP P1102W

COMPUTER: MACBOOK PRO (2014)

ISSUE: HTML CONFIG DOES NOT OPEN

We recently got a new wireless network and I need to update my printer to reflect the change. However, when I go to the printer utility then HTML Config, nothing happens!! Nothing opens at all. The window just closes and goes back to the original window.

I've read several other forums about the same issue but can't seem to find one with a solution. 

HELP!

Thanks

Shelby

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for providing that information ShelbyB.

Are you using 10.9?

With the IPv4 address being 0.0.0.0, it didn't get connected.

Restore the printer's defaults again.

You will probably have to delete and add the USB driver back in again in Printers and Scanners to get the HTML to open again.

Check your Encryption for the network to make sure the Encryption type and Password are correct.

If there is a space or special character in the password, it won't be recognized.

To check the network password follow these steps:
On the Apple menu bar, click Go, select applications, utilities, keychain access, double click the network name,
check the box to show the password, type in your Mac password to view it.

(some networks have a shortcut password setup)

To check the Encryption type:
On the Apple menu bar, click Go, select applications, utilities, keychain access, on the left side click passwords, double click the network name, check the box to show the password, type in your Mac password to view it.

When entering your information on the printer's Embedded Web Server, Under Communication Mode , click Infrastructure , select your network SSID from the Available Network Names (SSID) list, and then click the << button. (refresh) From the Security Mode pop-up menu under Authentication , click WEP or WPA/WPA2 . Your selection depends on which Wireless Security Protocol your network uses, make sure you select either Alpha or Hexidecimal, they apply the settings.

Print a Configuration page to see if you now get a IPV4 address. Then add the printer as P1102w Bonjour printer.

Test the printer.

Let me know the outcome.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @ShelbyB

I understand that you are unable to run the HTML Config. I can help you with this.

Since you have the new Macbook Pro (2014) computer, I am assuming you are running Maverick.

If not, let me know because the steps will be different.  Mac OS X: How Do I Find Which Mac OS X Version Is on My Computer?

Make sure Safari is set as the default browser. (sometimes the EWS won't open if it isn't set as the default)

Open Safari, across the top select the Safari menu, select Preferences, General, set as default.

Here is a Youtube video of the Laserjet P1102w wireless installation on Maverick.

Laserjet P1102w.

You may follow the steps instead of watching the video.

I would reset the printer first.
Turn the printer off, hold down the wireless button and cancel (x button) while turning the printer back on and don't release the two buttons until the printer stops making noise.

Print out a configuration report and make sure the SSID and IP address are cleared.
Printing a Configuration Page. Select Method two.

Delete the Laserjet P1102w from the Printers and Scanners window.

Connect the USB cable from the printer to the computer.

Turn the printer on, connect the USB cable and run the Apple Updates.

Check the driver name that is installed for the printer. Make sure it just lists the full name of the printer.

Click the Apple menu and then click System Preferences. Click Printers & Scanners, highlight the printer name on the left side and on the right side of the screen should show the name.

From the Printers and Scanners window, highlight the Laserjet on the left side of the window.

Then click on Open Print Queue, click on Settings, click on Utility, click on Open Printer Utility, then click on the HTML Config button.

The Embedded Web Server for the printer will open.

Click on the Networking tab, select Wireless on the left side.

Fill out the information for your network. Make sure infrastructure is selected. Status: make sure you select Enabled.

Apply the settings.

Then go back to Apple, System Preferences, Printers and Scanners and click the + sign to add the Laserjet Bonjour printer. (it might take a couple of minutes to appear)

Make sure you are adding the Laserjet P1102w driver beside Use. You might have to click on the drop down to select it.

Delete the USB printer from the list from the Printers and Scanners window.

Disconnect the USB cable and test the printer.

If you need further assistance, just let me know.

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Well that almost worked!! The HTML config finally opened!! I did everything just like it says, and the wireless network is showing everything correctly on the HTML config site. HOWEVER.. When I try to add a new printer, there is no Bonjour option appearing. SOO CLOSE!!

Any ideas!?  

When I print the Device Configuration test page, it's showing the wireless network enabled. Question though: under the "network information", status says "not connected" and the IPv4 address is 0.0.0.0. Is that supposed to be the case?

Thanks, Shelby

HP Recommended

One other thing: When I try to enable HP ePrint, I get this message: " Connection error. Check Internet connection." 

What is going on with this thing?!

HP Recommended

Thanks for providing that information ShelbyB.

Are you using 10.9?

With the IPv4 address being 0.0.0.0, it didn't get connected.

Restore the printer's defaults again.

You will probably have to delete and add the USB driver back in again in Printers and Scanners to get the HTML to open again.

Check your Encryption for the network to make sure the Encryption type and Password are correct.

If there is a space or special character in the password, it won't be recognized.

To check the network password follow these steps:
On the Apple menu bar, click Go, select applications, utilities, keychain access, double click the network name,
check the box to show the password, type in your Mac password to view it.

(some networks have a shortcut password setup)

To check the Encryption type:
On the Apple menu bar, click Go, select applications, utilities, keychain access, on the left side click passwords, double click the network name, check the box to show the password, type in your Mac password to view it.

When entering your information on the printer's Embedded Web Server, Under Communication Mode , click Infrastructure , select your network SSID from the Available Network Names (SSID) list, and then click the << button. (refresh) From the Security Mode pop-up menu under Authentication , click WEP or WPA/WPA2 . Your selection depends on which Wireless Security Protocol your network uses, make sure you select either Alpha or Hexidecimal, they apply the settings.

Print a Configuration page to see if you now get a IPV4 address. Then add the printer as P1102w Bonjour printer.

Test the printer.

Let me know the outcome.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

THANK YOU!!! I don't know which part of the solution finally did it but either way, it's FINALLY working! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Shelby

HP Recommended

Your very welcome. Thanks for letting me know you are up and running on the wireless network ShelbyB.

{Happy Dance :smileyvery-happy:}

Which Mac Operating System were you using, the steps are a little different for 10.8 and 10.9, especially when it comes to using the HTML config. Just curious.

Have a wonderful day.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.