Question

Honor Student
bart_jooris
Message 1 of 20 (6,668 Views)

HP Photosmart 7350 'Waiting for printer to become available'

Hello,

I just bought a new MacBook with Mac OS X, version 10.6.1

In order to connect my HP Photosmart 7350 to it, I downloaded the most advanced driver I found on the HP website (Gutenprint v.5.2.3) which stated that it was untill Max OS X, v. 10.4 (no higher Mac OS X drivers available). Now if I want to print, the print job gets stuck on: Waiting for printer to become available. How do I solve this? 

Tx,

Bart

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 20 (6,652 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 7350 'Waiting for printer to become available'

Delete and re-add the printer in the print queue:

- Sys Prefs, Print & Fax
- Select the printer in question and click the minus sign at the bottom of the list
- Select the plus sign to re-add it. Look for the printer, select it and wait until the "Add" button becomes available. Click it.

If this does not work, do the same thing, only instead of the second step, right (control) click the print queue area and select Reset Printing System.

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
bart_jooris
Message 3 of 20 (6,635 Views)

Thank you for the help. The printer did start now but now I have a different problem: I want to print a picture from iPhoto and he prints the picture two times next to each other and only one fourth of the pictures and still that in a dreadful quality. What goes wrong now?

Tx,

Bart

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 4 of 20 (6,634 Views)

I am not sure.  Did it look right on the preview screen in iPhoto before you printed?  Did you tell it the right paper size?

I am employed by HP
Student
ekut1003
Message 5 of 20 (6,579 Views)

I'm having the same issue.  I just bought a new 27" iMac and I have the Photosmart 7350 as well.  I've tired to delete and re-add the printer in the print queue: and followed all of printdoc steps and still nothing.  Is there something that I'm missing?

Honor Student
lilabillium
Message 6 of 20 (6,583 Views)

I have a photosmart C4680. it was working perfectly before (it's only a few months old). I got a new iMac with OSX 10.6.2 and had all my old files transferred from old Mac. PRinter still worked, though i didn't have all the normal options. HAd all the old files cleaned up and deleted Sunday at a Genius bar appt. Now printer says the same thing: "waiting for printer to become available." I've sent this problem to the IT support via email of HP and am waiting for help. I've reinstalled the software and gone through each of the 4 solution options on their support page. Nothing has helped. I'm and editor and am dead in the work waters without my printer. :-( Does anyone have any other suggestions???

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 7 of 20 (6,573 Views)

Are you sure you do not have the old 10.5 HP software on your system?  If so, use the HP uninstaller to remove it, then reset the printing system and re-add your printer.

I am employed by HP
Student
joandiocese
Message 8 of 20 (6,487 Views)

I am trying to get my HP Photosmart to work with my new MacPro OSX 10.6 as well. I get the "waiting for printer to become available" message. I have also gone through all the steps suggested and still no fix. Perhaps an updated driver is in the works?
Top Student
scsjason
Message 9 of 20 (6,437 Views)

Its not just this printer, I have a psc 750 which is now doing the same thing. Maybe ita a general HP printer driver fault. Hope they fix it soon, its really irritating!

--

jason

Top Student
scsjason
Message 10 of 20 (6,420 Views)

Well, just to be even more annoying, the same printer works from my macbook pro

with the same OS (10.6.2). The machine failing to work (although it did work ok

originally) is my new iMac. The Macbook pro is a bit behind on its updates so

don't know if one of these has upset the iMac . . .

--

jason 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation