Question

Top Student
Philfurlong
Message 1 of 40 (33,564 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Photosmart C4700 Series

I have just tried to install the above on my Mac Air Book. I have gone through setup using the USB connection to configure for wireless. However whilst INSTALL informs me the printer is on the network I get an error message saying my Mac is not on my wireless network. It is on the network and I can connect to the internet wirelessly. 

I get a message that says the device was successfully associated with the network, but when I hit 'continue' I get a drop down error message saying 'device not reachable' and asking me to ensure the Mac has access to the network.

It has access. I'm now in a none ending loop. Tried restart etc.

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Phil

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 40 (33,561 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart C4700 Series

Print a Network Config Page from the front panel of the printer.  It will tell you about the printer's connection to your (or your neighbor's?) network, its IP address, etc.  Let me know what is says.

I am employed by HP
Top Student
Philfurlong
Message 3 of 40 (33,404 Views)

Many thanks for replying.

The IP Address is 192.168.2.9

I got this when I installed it via a usb, it will work on a wired connection, but when I try to go on and install the wireless routine I get the message that my MAC is not available. 

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 4 of 40 (33,385 Views)

Type that IP address into your browser to see if your Mac can "see" the printer.

If not, run a Wireless Network Test from the front panel of the printer (start with the Scan button to find the Network section) and let me know what it says regarding the tests it runs.

I am employed by HP
Teacher
Brent
Message 5 of 40 (33,359 Views)

What model of router?

Sounds like it might be PK5000? M1000/W1000? If so I've seen this behaviour before and you can get it to print by adding an ip printer with hp socket protocal via ip address but never been able to get scanning to work with these routers. Just a guess, let us know.

Student
lpaddick
Message 6 of 40 (33,407 Views)

Hi, I'm having a similar issue if someone could help... trying to go wireless with a new Macbook, HP 4780.  Claims "device is not reachable."  

"The network configuration was successfully downloaded to the device. However to continue configuring the device in network, your Mac must have access to the device. So please make sure that your Mac has access to the Network : "paddick" and retry."

I have access and am connected to the wireless network.  We have a Netgear wireless router.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 7 of 40 (33,367 Views)

lpaddick,

Type the printer's IP address into your browser (you can get the IP address by printing a Network Settings page from the front panel of the printer under the Scan button).  Can you "see" the printer?

What version of OS X?  What  Netgear router and what kind of ISP do you have?

I am employed by HP
Top Student
Philfurlong
Message 8 of 40 (32,720 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart C4700 Series Accepted Solution

I have sorted the problem. Perseverance was the answer, each time I got the error message that indicated my Mac Airbook was not on the network I just hit 'retry' (knowing the Mac was available). Eventually I got through to the 'form printer queue' stage and now the printer is available as wireless and USB. Thanks to all who tried to help me.

Student
candiseprice
Message 9 of 40 (32,538 Views)

hey there having a problem connecting my mac wirelessly to my printer c4700. i typed in the address and my computer can see the mac like you said. but whenever i try to print it says the computer is offline even though the computer is on. i have  printed using the printer already but this was ofcourse with wires. helpp me please

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 10 of 40 (32,535 Views)

[ Edited ]

What version of OS X are you using?  From where did you load the HP software?

You can try to delete and re-add the printer in the print queue:

- Sys Prefs, Print & Fax
- Select the printer in question and click the minus sign at the bottom of the list
- Select the plus sign to re-add it. Look for the printer, select it and wait until the "Add" button becomes available. Click it.

If this does not work, do the same thing, only instead of the second step, right (control) click the print queue area and select Reset Printing System.

I am employed by HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation