Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Success through immersion! Did the thorough cleaning with distilled water and coffee filters.  Nothing.  Then I started the soaking process.  I used the better part of a gallon of distilled water and probably eight or ten water (very) hot water changes. I did some swishing and some up-and-down dunking and was truly amazed at how much ink came out.  Strongly suggest doing this until the water is mostly clear because several times I figured I was done and then I'd get a "clot" of black ink released into the water.  (Black was the problem ink.) Thank you!

HP Recommended

I had just bought 4 new ink cartridges and yet my black ink would not work past the first couple of pages.  I have cleaned the printhead via the printer and tried to align several times but still not black.  I found this and thought why not, I cleaned the printhead by soaking and drying and felt hopeful.  Well it did not work!  What amazes me even more is all 4 ink cartridges now show low ink-INCLUDING THE BLACK!!  I have to wonder how my black ink can show low ink since I have not seen a black line on any of the pages.  All I have done is waste 4 new ink cartridges for nothing!!

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem /: what was your resolution?

HP Recommended

I junked this printer.  Life is to short to screw around with defective equipment.

HP Recommended

After having the same problem - immersed printhead in hot water twice.  No change.  After trying everything else suggested I ignored all the warnings given and used a q-tip and alcohol to saturate the printheads.  I had nothing to lose as I was about to go purchase a new printer.  After about an hour, the black ink printed again.  It is still fine 3 days later.   Go figure.

HP Recommended

The "solution" did not work for me.  I cleaned the printhead thoroughly and still the right side black does not print, even though the printer display shows it as half full.  The other cartridges still print fine.  HP, what is the answer?????

HP Recommended

I tried the alcohol bath, using a sealed container so that I could swish it around periodically.  That did it!  It took off some of the paint markings, but otherwise seems to have left everything intact.  It will be intersting to see how long that cleaning is good for.

HP employees, can we order a new printhead? 

HP Recommended

You can order the print head from the following link:

http://h20141.www2.hp.com/Hpparts/Search_Results.aspx?mscssid=295D246C2B00482FAE4700C39D4AFFB6&Searc...

However at that price, you might want to just replace the printer. You will have a new printer, new print head, new cartridges, and a one year warranty on the printer. It's up to you, because sometimes the print head won't resolve the issue and then that you're out the money for the print head 😞

Best of luck in your decision,

Kyle

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

I tried the manual cleaning a few times, the soaking in hot water 2x, then last but not least the alcohol soak.  I dried the cartridge with a fan, popped it back in the printer, but still no luck.  The color ink still worked, but not the black!   The next morning, I thought I'd try printing again, and the black ink worked!  Maybe it just needs time to flow down into the cartridge?

HP Recommended

Even my solution with soaking in alcohol seemed temporary.  After a few days the text black did not print,  then the next day it did and still is working.  Go figure.

When I was a desktop tech for EDS (now owned by HP!) supporing large nationwide customers it was common for HP All-in-one machines to not feed from the multiple fax/copier feeder, and now with this ink problem, I'm swearing off HP printers.  I bought a great Brother color laser all-in-one for our church and it has worked great for many months.  That will be my next purchase.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.