Question

Student
MichaelL1028
Message 1 of 4 (2,540 Views)

HP Photosmart Plus B210 Series - Won't Print Color.

Hello. I just purchased a new B210 printer, which is hooked up to a MacBook Pro, using OS X Lion - v. 10.7. Upon opening the printer, I saw that there was a setup disc that came with it, but it does not work for OS X v. 10.7, but I did not think this was a big deal considering I got the printer to hook up anyways and work.

However, although it works - everything that I print out prints only in black and white. Even if there is color on the page that I am printing - the printer is not showing this. When I did a test directly from the printer, it will print color - but anything that I am printing from my computer is not doing so. I have tried to review the printer setup and settings, but have not seen anything relating to an option to print b&w or color. How do I get the printer to recognize the color on the page? Is it a setting that I am missing - or is it on the disc, which entails the setup for the printer - but does is not compatible with os x 10.7. Is there another way to get this material on the disc - or is it even necessary to make the printer work entirely and print in both black and white and in color. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated - thank you.

PhD Student
bassergitz
Message 2 of 4 (2,507 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart Plus B210 Series - Won't Print Color.

Frequently asked questions (FAQs)

Following is a list of frequently asked questions related to your HP product and the OS X 10.7 Lion update.

How do I upgrade from Mac OS X 10.6 to OS X 10.7 when my HP product is

already installed?

If you are upgrading from Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard to OS X 10.7 Lion, your HP software should

continue to work. However, the Lion update process does not automatically check Apple Software

Updates for the latest HP software and drivers.

After you install Lion, follow these steps to update your HP software.

Important : To successfully update the HP software and driver, your HP product must be turned

on and connected to the Mac with a USB or network connection, or there must be an existing printer

queue for your product.

1. Click the Apple menu, and then click Software Update . Software Update checks for

available updates.

2. In the Software Update window, select the software you want to install, and then click Install .

NOTE: Install all available updates for best performance and functionality.

3. When prompted, enter your administrator account name and password.

4. After the software updates complete, restart the computer (if required).

5. Connect the HP product to the computer with the USB cable or through your Ethernet (wired) or

wireless network, depending on your connection type. Your previous printer queues are updated

with the latest HP drivers.

NOTE: Wireless printers must be connected to the network first.

How do I add my new HP printer to a Mac that is already running OS X 10.7?

The in-box HP software CD for previous Mac OS X versions for many current HP products is not

compatible with OS X 10.7 Lion. You might receive an 'Unsupported Operating System '

message if you try to install OS X 10.3, 10.4, 10.5, or 10.6 software, either from the software CD or

from HP Web downloads, on a Mac running OS X 10.7 Lion. This is expected behavior because the

software is designed for operating systems previous to OS X 10.7.

You will experience the best performance and functionality if you download the latest HP software from

Apple Software Updates . Follow these steps to add or create a new printer queue.

1. Press the Power button to turn on the HP product.

2. Connect the HP product to the computer with the USB cable or through your Ethernet (wired) or

wireless network, depending on your connection type.

NOTE: Wireless printers must be connected to the network first. Add your HP product to

your wireless network from the product control panel. Apple Software Update does not

provide an installer flow through the setup and install process.

3. Click the Apple menu, and then click System Preferences . The System Preferences

window opens.

4. Click Print & Scan . The Print & Scan window opens.

5. Click Add Printer , and then click the name of your HP product.

6. The HP product name displays at the bottom of the pane and in the Print Using box. A 'The

selected printer software is available from Apple. Click Add to

download and add this printer ' message should display.

7. Click Add to start the download and setup, and to automatically create the HP printer queue.

NOTE: If your product supports scanning, you can use the Preview or the Image Capture

application to scan.

How do I add an HP product that is already configured on a network to a Mac

running OS X 10.7?

The in-box HP software CD for previous Mac OS X versions for many current HP products is not

compatible with OS X 10.7 Lion. You might receive an 'Unsupported Operating System '

message if you try to install OS X 10.3, 10.4, 10.5, or 10.6 software, either from the software CD or

from HP Web downloads, on a Mac running OS X 10.7 Lion. This is expected behavior because the

software is designed for operating systems previous to OS X 10.7.

You will experience the best performance and functionality if you download the latest HP software from

Apple Software Updates . Follow these steps to add or create a new printer queue.

1. Press the Power button to turn on the HP product.

2. Connect the HP product to your Ethernet (wired) or wireless network.

3. Click the Apple menu, and then click System Preferences . The System Preferences

window opens.

4. Click Print & Scan . The Print & Scan window opens.

5. Click Add Printer , and then click the name of your HP product.

6. The HP product name displays at the bottom of the pane and in the Print Using box. A 'The

selected printer software is available from Apple. Click Add to

download and add this printer ' message should display.

7. Click Add to start the download and setup, and to automatically create the HP printer queue.

NOTE: If your product supports scanning, you can use the Preview or the Image Capture

application to scan.

Although I am working on behalf of HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name : )
If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly : )
Happy Troubleshooting : )
Provost
ShlomiL
Message 3 of 4 (2,504 Views)

Hi, although the provided disk is not intended for Windows7, a Lion full software for your printer model is available for download.

Make sure enter System Preferences > Print & Scan and remove the printer queue of your B210 by clicking it and then clicking the Minus sign.

Download and install the full compatible software below and it should do the trick:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL39592/al-96582-1/HP_Lion_Ink_SW_v12.13.24.dmg

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Student
Jackbh
Message 4 of 4 (143 Views)

I experienced this and there's a very simple procedure to correct it. First, I suggest you reset the printer to factory settings. Then the turn off "print in grayscale ". Next and most important, keep doing a printhead cleaning (see printer menu) until all the colors show up.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation