HP Photosmart Prem C310 series Software in OS X Lion (10.7) (11744 Views)
Honor Student
jfrailing
Message 1 of 19 (11,744 Views)

HP Photosmart Prem C310 series Software in OS X Lion (10.7)

Hello,

I am getting the following error message after I upgraded my iMac to Software  Mac OS X Lion 10.7 (11A511)

/usr/libexec/cups/backend/dnssd failed "

I have an "HP Photosmart Prem C310 series" printer

I have Reset the Printing System and removed and added the printer several times.

The printer is on my wireless network and I can print to it from my PC.

I talked with Apple support today, and they claim it is a driver issue with HP.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Student
jeep40
Message 2 of 19 (11,681 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart Prem C310 series Software in OS X Lion (10.7)

I'm having the same problem. I searched the HP website and cannot find a driver that works with Mac OS X Version 10.7 (Lion). They all seem stop at 10.6. The printer is essentially useless without the appropriate driver. 

Is there a solution? 

Honor Student
Monroe
Message 3 of 19 (11,679 Views)

I also bought the wireless C310 --- through the Apple "Back-to-School" promotion --- only to discover it is not compatible with Lion OSX 10.7.  

Why on earth is HP promoting a printer that isn't compatible with Lion yet offering rebate (on this exact printer) to customers purchasing new Mac / Lion products? 

I spent forever trying to get support from both HP and Apple.  They didn't have software update, so tried several other MacGuiver ideas ended up telling me to use the USB cord.  What?!!   This is supposed to be a wireless printer!!  I want to use the wireless feature!!

Problem not resolved.  Meanwhile, broader internet search results do not reveal solutions -- only more customers experiencing same problem and not getting software updates or response from HP.  

Anyone at HP tech support patying atteniton?  Help!! 

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 4 of 19 (11,672 Views)

The printer is compatible with Lion, although there is not full feature software yet.

The driver is available by using Apple Software Update, include the following:

- HP print driver

- HP fax driver

- HP scan driver by using the Apple Scan interface

You may find the complete information below:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01664444&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_US...

Monreo - You can setup the device wirelessly by running the Wireless Setup Wizard located under the printer setup menu.

(Setup > Wireless > Wireless Setup Wizard)

After connecting it to your network, enter System Preferences > Print & Scan. Click the Plus sign and select your printer.

Make sure to obtain the HP Printer Driver 2.7 by clicking Apple  Menu > Software Update.

jfrailing and jeep40 - Make sure to install the HP Printer software Update 2.7 (Apple  Menu > Software Update) and check for any change.

For any chance the issue remain with no change, make sure to remove the full feature which is not Lion compatible:

Go to Applications/Hewlett Packard/ click on HP Uninstaller
Click on Continue
Highlight your device on the left pane
Hold the Ctrl, Opt and Cmd keys and click on Uninstall <<<< Scrubber Option
There will be a pop up that asks if you are sure you want to uninstall ALL hp software. (At this point, if you continue, any HP printers you have installed will need to be reinstalled)
Click Continue and let it finish

Then enter System Preferences > Print & Scan. Click the Plus sign and select your printer.

Make sure to obtain the HP Printer Driver 2.7 by clicking Apple  Menu > Software Update.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Provost
ShlomiL
Message 5 of 19 (11,671 Views)

Just to add for your information, a Full feature software for Lion is still under development and quality assurance, and should be available to download from the HP site soon.

If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Top Student
myway
Message 6 of 19 (11,663 Views)

Glad to here that! I have 2 HP printers the one with software installed before upgrade allows the print to computer from panel the new one doesn't but all other features are working.

Honor Student
Monroe
Message 7 of 19 (11,659 Views)

I appreciate your kind attempt to troubleshoot.  Unfortunately, none of the suggestions work.  

I am Day 2,  and 5 plus hours  of annoying trouble-shooting.   

I have tried the numerous solutions suggested by both Apple and HP.  Nothing works.  End result:  the printer is showing in menu pane but continues to read "Off-line".  

I am attempting to reach HP tech support--and at this very moment---and have currently been on-hold for 1 hour and 16 minutes.  Clock still ticking!  

Meanwhile, I was reading your post.  Tried all steps.  

CLOCK UPDATE:    Have now been on-hold for 1 hour and 19 minutes.  

Nothing but looping automated response "Your call will be answered by teh next availalbe agent..."  

Getting increasingly annoyed with HP for promoting incompatible product with Lion OS Mac promo campaign--then, not providing driver updates--and making matters worse by not answering tech support calls.    

CLOCK UPDATE:  Have now been on-hold for 1 hour and 23 minutes.....

...and still waiting.  

Will return to Forum later with update on what happens....

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 8 of 19 (11,647 Views)

Please try resetting the Printing system once again and check for any change:

System Preferences > Print & Scan > Right-click the Printer list white backgtound and select Reset printing system.

Reconfigure your printer and check for any change..

If there is no change, you may also try to install the complete HP 2.7 complete package as well:

http://support.apple.com/downloads/DL907/en_US/HewlettPackardPrinterDrivers2.7.2.dmg

Hope that helps,

The printer should work together with the ASU driver, i pesonally have a printer of that model up and running with Lion.

Honor Student
Monroe
Message 9 of 19 (11,619 Views)

Deleted printer from que.  Downloaded updates from latest link provided. Restarted computer.  Re-selected printer. It worked. Finally!  Thanks. 

Student
AmberLion
Message 10 of 19 (11,028 Views)

Thank you so much! I didn't even reconfigure my computer (OS X Lion 10.7). I simply clicked on your link above. It took awhile to download. Then I found a favorite choc chip cookie recipe to test print.  A message popped up showing my printer & telling me to download the update. I did. It started printing. SO EASY!! Thank you SO much!

I was frustrated like everyone else who bought the printer from the Apple website with my new iMac. I had checked HP for an update again this morning & there was none. I googled the problem found you & it worked! Again, thank you for taking the time to post this. And it prints beautifully!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation