Question

Student
BrownEyedMom
Message 1 of 2 (653 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Photosmart c310 premium won't print from iMac OS X

I cannot print from my iMac OS X (version 10.8.3)  to my HP Photosmart 310.  I'd been printing for months, but I added a new WIFI network (modem/router combo)  last week and now I can't print.  Both the computer and printer are on the new network.  I CAN print from my iPad with no problems.  We also have another printer in our house and I can still print to it (it's a Brother).  The problem seems to be specifically isolated to the iMac/HP printer combo.

When I go into the print queue, I get the message that it's connecting to the printer.  It then stalls out and I get a "Print file was not accepted" error message.  

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 2 (645 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart c310 premium won't print from iMac OS X

Hi,

More likely the new router does not support Bonjour or have such support disabled by its default configuration.

Please clarify the router brand and model to better understand its compatibility with Mac OS envoirnment.

In the meantime try adding the printer as Jetdirect and check if that work, although it will not provide any scan capabilities it should allow printing:

1. Enter Print & Scan, then click teh Plus sign.
  2. Click the IP tab.
  3. Select the HP Jetdirect Socket protocol.
  4. Type the printer IP address of the pritner as the Address.
    Note: you may print a Network Configuration Report to locate the IP / URL:
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02788951&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=4231205&tmp...
  5. Press on Add and try printing using the newly created print queue.

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation