Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Many problems with this release of HP software.

1.  HP Utility - uses substantial amount of MacBook Pro CPU even though the printer is in sleep mode.

2. HP Utility - sends hundreds of TCP/IP information packets to MacBook Pro PER MINUTE even though the printer is in sleep mode.

3. HP Utility - fills up folders with MacBook Pro "CRASH" reports.

4. HP Utility provides no means to control the vast array of print quality settings on the printer.

HP Recommended
I'm having network problems and every time I attempt to change settings the HP printer needs to have settings changed which usually means a call to tech support. They get it goi g and I'm glad I have an extended warranty. However. I'd rather. Or have to always call and wish the printer could figure out how adapt to a network change.
HP Recommended

Remeber the printer is made in China, and the support from an outside group in SE Asia.

The printer does not have the firmware to adapt to the change.  You will now and always need to make the changes manually on your computer.  

If you want to spend your time fixing HP problems fine.  Mine is coming up on the end of the warrenty.  I am going to junk it and get my money back.  In the mean time looking for something I don't have to do beta testing on.

HP Recommended

HP OfficeJet Pro 8600

If you take a peek at Google and look for all the complaints for the printer, one by one, mine is going through all of them.

I wanted to donate the printer to my daughter's school but they read about the problems and don't want to waste their time in constant fix it mode.

HP Recommended

I have a lot of home wifi disconnect issues but after tweaking it I usually need HP Tech support from an extended warranty to reconnect my printer and it works fine. 
Good luck.

HP Recommended

Sorry but nothing new here.  Nothing new about the problems remaining.

Now I am on Yosemite and it is even worse.

HP Recommended

In the list of mac printers, the HP4000ps Designjet plotter is not listed.  What is recommended for the Designjet HP4000ps plotter.  Are some of the others listed replacement to the original driver?

OS X: Printer and scanner software available for download

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201465#HP

HP designjet 130 * 29.0 P     HP designjet 130nr * 29.0 P     HP Designjet 4020ps * 29.0 P     HP Designjet 4520mfp * 29.0 P     HP Designjet 4520ps * 29.0 P     HP Designjet 500 plus 24 * 29.0 P    

HP Recommended

Hi @Reg2,

I suspect your question would be better answered in the HP Enterprise Business Community, as your  HP4000ps Designjet plotter is a commercial model.

My technical expertise is with consumer products and software, I am sure the commercial folks would be happy to help if you re-post your question for them to answer. The HP Enterprise Business Community is an HP Forum designed for the Commercial and Enterprise customers to help one another. I am sure you will find some HP folks there to help too.

Click here to view the Printing and Digital Imaging. When the page opens you will see the option to 'Log in' or 'Register Now' on the right. The commercial forums are separate from the consumer boards, thus you will need to register if you don't already have a commercial account.

You could try an alternate driver, but I wouldn't know which one to suggest or even if an alternate driver would work.

Best of luck.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

On the CUPS page click on the Administration tab on the top.Click on Add Printer.You should see your printer listed there, select it and click on continue.On the next page check whether you want the printer to be shared or not and click on Continue.On the next page where it says Make select HP and click on Continue underneath the Make section.On the next page you should see your printer listed HP LaserJet 5P - CUPS+Gutenprint. Select that and hit Add Printer.On the next page just set the options that you want for your printer. Then click on "Set Default Options".After this your 5P should be able to print without any issues.

1. Click the Apple menu, then click System Preferences.
2. Depending on your version of OS X, click Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners.
3. Check if the name of your printer displays in the Printers list. Select one of the following steps, depending on if the printer is listed or not.
• If your printer is listed, remove and re-add the printer to confirm communication and that the correct driver is used. Click the name of your printer, click the minus sign , then delete the printer. Once the printer is removed, click the plus sign , click Add Printer or Scanner, click the name of your printer, then continue with the remaining steps.
• If your printer is not listed, click the plus sign , click Add Printer or Scanner, click the name of your printer, then continue with the remaining steps.
• If your printer is not listed in the Add Printer or Scanner window, confirm that the printer is connected to the Mac with a USB cable, or that it is on the same wired or wireless network as your Mac. See the Frequently asked questions in this document to try resolving connection issues, then try to add the printer again.
4.Click the Use or Print Using box, then select the name of your printer in the pop-up menu.
5.Click Add to add the printer to the list.
• If you are prompted to install your printer software from Apple, click Download and Install to complete the installation.
• If a ‘Software is currently unavailable’ message displays, click Cancel, and go to Printer and scanner software available for download for OS X Lion or later (in English). If your printer is supported, try manually installing the software from HP Printer Drivers for OS X Lion or later (in English).
6.Close the System Preferences window.
7.Try to print, scan, or fax, depending on your printer functionality.
• If you can print, scan, or fax, you installed the driver and can now use your printer.
• If you cannot print, scan, or fax, see the Frequently asked questions on alternate scanning methods, driver support information, and to troubleshoot connection issues.

HP Recommended

I upgraded my software for my HP printer and now I'm able to scan again!! Thank you soooo much!!!!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.