HP Product Support using Apple Software Updates for new OS X 10.9 Mavericks (37645 Views)
Student
nikijack
Message 21 of 29 (921 Views)

Re: HP Product Support using Apple Software Updates for new OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Hello: My HP Photosmart D5160 will not print properly with my new Mac 10.9 Mavericks. I've downloaded your new drivers, with no luck. What can I do, please?

thanks,

Jack

Intern
USAFA68
Message 22 of 29 (833 Views)

Vanriker,

When we read your post in November, 2013, we noted you worked for HP and that you were an expert.  We trusted your answer as the truth.  To date, nothing HP has done has restored our confidence in the integrity of HP as a provider of all-in-one printer/copier/scanners, because no one in this threat can find any HP employee who will honestly tell us why HP has failed to meet its obligations.  You told us HP was aware and working to resolve the scanner problems with these devices.  We believed you, but to date there is absolutely no evidence that HP is working the problem, communicating with affected product purchasers or sympathetic to the bad publicity they are generating.  Are you ready to close your doors as a provider or are you just devoid of integrity?  We can not tolerate either situation.

Intern
USAFA68
Message 23 of 29 (832 Views)

Meant to say: "...no one in this thread...."
Student
JustJ
Message 24 of 29 (688 Views)

Hi,

My printer can no longer fax from my computer since upgrading to "Maverick". I've followed your instruction to tee to reload the driver software.  The icon for the printer appears, but there isn't the facility to fax. Prior to the upgrade to "Maverick" operation system, if I want to fax from "Word", I click on "print" and select the fax component to my HP printer (Photosmart C410a). I can then fax documents straight from my computer. The option to "fax" no longer appears under "Print" since upgrading to "Maverick". I've tried ringing Apple, and HP as well, but got nowhere. Can you help?

Honor Student
kjoy4433
Message 25 of 29 (668 Views)

I give up. I have lost the HP scanning software for my all-in-one Officejet Pro 8500 Plus, and I have spent days trying to get it back. All I am told is that it is included in the system 10.9.2 download for my Mac, but I just spent a whole day  re-installing 10.9.2, and I did not get the software. Yes, I can print, and yes, I can scan from System Preferences, but I want the HP software. Is that too much to ask?

Honor Student
dellggray
Message 26 of 29 (568 Views)

I have installed the updated drivers for my HPc4780 into my new imac, and have tried to scan documents using both the image capture and preview functions and have not been able to scan multiple documents to the same file.  What am I doning wrong?

Student
Malley22
Message 27 of 29 (341 Views)

My printer is an HP LaserJet 5P; Model # C3150A option ABA

My new computer is a MacBook Air OSX version 10.9.3

They are connected, USB into computer,, multi pin connector into printer

When I first plugged in the USB into the computer I was prompted to install the printer software, which I did.

In the Printers and Scanners window it showed HP LaserJet 5P

But when I went to print a document, on the first page it printed some jibberish at the very top only and then it just kept printing blank pages and it wouldnt stop until it ran out of paper. Pressing the RESET button did'nt seem to help

On another day I down loaded this program for the printer;

http://support.apple.com/kb/dl907

But in the Printers and Scanners window, it did'nt show up as another printer so I'm assuming it was the same program.

When I went to print a document again, the same thing happened, it printed jibberish on the top (like one item printed,,%APLProducer: (Version 10.9.2 (Build 13C102...), and then it just kept printing blank pages.

In the printers and scanners window it states the following for this printer;

Device Name HP_LaserJet_5P

Driver Version 19.8

So my question is, How do I get to print docs to my laserJet printer from my MacBook?

Where do I go from here?

The printer works fine when I use my old PC.

Top Student
StevenHP7500a
Message 28 of 29 (303 Views)

Thats not really a solution, its a workaround. WIth my Macbook 10.5 I can push scans to my laptop from the printer itself, But this does not work on a MBP 10.9. Also you if you go to the print/scan que, there is NO HP util link, it reverts you to a site that does NOT enable you to "activate scan to computer"

I really interested in your answers HP. A clear statement that this functionality is not developed by HP yet, and the product does not work as you have stated is enough.

Thank you,

Steven

Top Student
jorn
Message 29 of 29 (228 Views)

Agreed.  We'd all be better off if HP just came out and said "We have no interest in supporting OSX; please quit buying our products if you use a Mac."

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation