Tyrley
Message 41 of 55 (889 Views)

Re: HP Scan Pro not working/Scanner not working

Thanks, finally made it work.
Honor Student
Micacreek
Message 42 of 55 (803 Views)

Scanning to Mac OSX 10.8.2 from HP OfficejetJ4680 all in one

I'm using Mac OSX 10.8.2 and an HP OfficejetJ4680 All-in-one printer, fax, scanner: 

- I've followed the recommended steps to scan using Preview, File, Import from Scanner but there is no choice or indication of destination.  Where does it import the scanned file to? 

- How to you change the default setting? for example, I always scan to pdf and woudl like to have it as a default

- Also, I tried to scan from System Preferences, Print&Fax, but it doesn't work.

I much preferred the old HP scan Pro features, the "new and improved" procedure is very cumbersome!

Thanks in advance for any help you could provide. MC

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 43 of 55 (790 Views)

Re: Scanning to Mac OSX 10.8.2 from HP OfficejetJ4680 all in one

Try using Image Capture in your Applications folder.  Click on your scanner on the left side, then on Show Details along the bottom.

On the right side will be your settings for scanning.  They "stick" so that next time you scan, the settings are the same as your last scan.

I am employed by HP
Student
fhxscanner
Message 44 of 55 (475 Views)

Re: HP Scan Pro not working/Scanner not working Note: Still unresolved problem

Updated my mac to OS X Mountain Lion and now my HP Photosmart C4480 will not scan.  It will print but not scan.  Getting the message Sorry, scanner could not be initialized (scanner not found).  

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 45 of 55 (472 Views)

Download and install this: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL907

Restart your Mac.

Reset the printing system:

- Go to System Preferences > Print & Scan
- Right (or control) click in the rectangle listing your printers and select Reset Printing System.
WARNING - this will delete ALL of your printers!
- Select the plus sign to re-add a printer. Select the Defualt tab on the top of the window. Look for the printer, select it and then next to the "Use" pulldown, select the printer model (not AirPrint). Wait until the "Add" button becomes available. Click it.

Try scanning from your Mac. Use Image Capture app in your Applications folder.

Click once on the scanner on the left side, then click on Show Details along the bottom. Along the right side you will see LOTS of options for scanning and saving.

I am employed by HP
Student
john_thomas
Message 46 of 55 (348 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello.

I thought I would relay my experience with this product.

I am a mechanical engineer, and have always been relatively computer savvy.  For example, I know what superuser is, I know the difference between tcsh and csh.

When I first bought this product, I struggled for some time to install the software.  Most of it did not work, but some of it did.  I finally was able to get the computer to connect to my secure home Wi-Fi network using mostly non-HP software (HP software was used to enter the Wi-Fi information).  It actually worked great for a number of years after this.  I changed the WEP password once, which threw me for a loop, but that was actually not too hard to fix with the HP software I had at the time.

Fast forward to today.  As part of my normal approach to life with computers, I have installed the latest software, as prompted.  I moved to a rural setting and no longer using secure Wi-Fi.  The printer stopped connecting, as one would expect.  I tried to update the network setting.  Five hours later, I am able to print and scan via USB, print via USB to my router (Time Capsule), and not much else.  

<rant> 

If I had to guess, I would say that the Wi-Fi function has been disabled as part of a planned-obsolecense technique HP is using to boost revenue, as the old software worked fine.  Maybe Apple is involved.  They aren't exactly guiltless when it comes to this kind of behavior.

Houses are expensive in Palo Alto.  Got to feed the monkey.

So please consider whether you update your software from HP.  If it's working, just don't do it.  For this product, or any HP product.  I also will give a second thought to whether I buy another HP product (Agilent - that's a different story).  Whether you do is your perogative.

RIP old HP.  Hollar when you start letting people with hard sciences backgrounds run the company again.

</rant>

Student
mwaite
Message 47 of 55 (237 Views)

Re: HP Scan Pro not working/Scanner not working

I am have been the scanning feature on my computer under HP Solutions Center and it has always worked.  Now it comes up with a message that says" HP scanning application currently in use or unavailable. close all programs and try scanning again."  What does it mean to "close all programs'?   

I tried the HP print and scan doctor and the scan bar didn't move for 6 hours until it finally shut my computer down. So that did not work. 

Please help.  I am also no longer able to scan from my HP office jet 4500.  When I try to scan from the printer it now says "not scan options". 

Please help.  I am very frustrated. 

Student
GoodOldUser
Message 48 of 55 (224 Views)

HP Officejet Pro L7590 doesn't work after installation

Hello,

I have 2 partitions in my mac hardrive . One with osx 10.4.11 and the other with osx 10.5.8.

On both I encounter the following problem when trying to scan a document:

Sorry, scanner could not be initialized.
(An error has occurred communicating with the scanner.)

The uninstaller doesn't work and Installed the driver again and tried using the uninstaller scrubber option

you already suggested, but it doesn't change to 'uninstall' while pressing the 'cmmd' 'alt' and 'ctl' buttons.

What do you suggest me to do?

Thanks!

Honor Student
Kingstone
Message 49 of 55 (163 Views)

[ Edited ]

I've got a Photosmart C6380 All-In-One. I'm running it on a Mac with OS X Mavericks. I've got the ability to print and copy, but not scan to my computer. I've tried off the printer itself, but it says to try starting it from my desktop. My desktop says the scanner could not be initialized. I've been through this thread and tried everything listed. Checking for software updates, updating software, un-installing the whole thing, re-installing and updating again, installing drivers from the website, re-starting my computer after each update/adjustment, re-identifying my printer via system preferences, but still can't scan.

Thoughts?

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 50 of 55 (155 Views)

If you have already downloaded and installed this: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL907, restart your Mac, then Reset the printing system:

- Go to System Preferences > Print & Scan
- Right (or control) click in the rectangle listing your printers and select Reset Printing System.
WARNING - this will delete ALL of your printers!
- Select the plus sign to re-add a printer. Select the Defualt tab on the top of the window. Look for the printer, select it and then next to the "Use" pulldown, select the printer model (not AirPrint). Wait until the "Add" button becomes available. Click it.

Finally, try scanning from your Mac. Use Image Capture app in your Applications folder.

Click once on the scanner on the left side, then click on Show Details along the bottom. Along the right side you will see LOTS of options for scanning and saving.

I am employed by HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation