Question

Top Student
crowntown
Message 1 of 6 (594 Views)

HP Scan malfunction in Mac OS Lion

Printer: PhotoSmart 4750 all-in-one

Operating Sysem: Mac OS Lion

I had no problem with the HP drivers when formetly in Mac OS Snow Leopard. However, after upgrading to Mac OS Lion I get the following message whenever I try to open HP Scan:

"HP Scan cannot be opened because of a problem. Check with the develolper to make sure HP Scan works with this version of Mac OS X. You may need to reinstall the application. Be sure to install any available updates for the application and Mac OS X."

I have reinstalled the lastest version of HP Scan 2 or 3 times, but still the same problem.

Wireless printing and copying work fine after the upgrade to Mac OS Lion and download of the latest drivers.

Can anybody suggest a solution to this malfunction?

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 6 (565 Views)

Re: HP Scan malfunction in Mac OS Lion

Hi,

The HP Full Feature Software unfortunately not compatible with Lion.

Verify you have the latest drivers by clicking the Apple Icon, then click Software Update and install any available HP Update.

You may find any available scan method for the OS listed within the FAQs section below:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02911238&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=219&product=3831...

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Student
Billlud
Message 3 of 6 (556 Views)

Re: HP Scan pro malfunction in Mac OS Snow leopard

I get error message when trying to use this combination. Printying and copying work fine.

Any suggestions?

Top Student
crowntown
Message 4 of 6 (546 Views)

I do a weekly Software Update check so am confident I have the most current driver installed.

While the problem is not yet resolved, your reply reassures me that the problem lies not with my Mac or HP printer, but rather with the pace of HP's updating of its drivers to full compatibility with Mac OS Lion. I will be eagerly awaiting the updating of the HP Scan driver for ther PhotoSmart 4750.

Honor Student
Ferndale
Message 5 of 6 (225 Views)

Dear Schlomil,

Re:

"Hi,

The HP Full Feature Software unfortunately not compatible with Lion."

Any prospect of an update in the future?  Or am forever doomed to not scanning with my c4580 All-in-One?

Thank you,

Ferndale

Top Student
crowntown
Message 6 of 6 (213 Views)

To Schlomil re "Hi"

As you can see from related postings I ran into this same problem a year ago. I have totally given up on scanning with HP software. Instead I use the Apple Image Capture app that came with Mountain Lion. That works fine with my HP4750 all-in-one (as well as with an older Epson scanner).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation