Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I just bought a Photosmart Premium C309, which I use with both my Windows XP and my Mac computers.  Is there a HP Solution Center for Mac OS X 10.5.8?  I can't find one on my Mac.

Thanks in advance for the answer!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Problem solved!  Roaming around the HP website, I found the following very helpful sets of directions:

Printing from a Mac (OS X 10.5) HP Photosmart Premium ...

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01368574:1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3793676&lang=en

and

Using the Paper Type/Quality Panel to Change Print Settings in Mac OS X 10.5

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01662356:1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=3793676

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32
HP Recommended

No.  The equivalent on the Mac will be in your Applications > Hewlett-Packard folder.  Look for either Device Manager or ScanPro.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick reply.  However -

Sorry - No "Device Manager" or "ScanPro" in my Mac's Applications > Hewlett Packard folder.  There are installer files dated 2005 for both of these - I presume they're from an old HP printer that my new Photosmart Premium is replacing, and I don't want to investigate and foul up everything!

What I'm trying to do is change the default setting for the print quality to "Normal". The Photosmarat Premium Guide says I can change defaults using the HP Solution Center - which I can't find on my Mac.

I've tried the Mac's System Preferences > Printers & Fax; I've also tried HP Setup Assistant, HP Photosmaart Print, HP Utility, and HP Photosmart Studio - but none of them have any way to change the default settings.

HP Recommended

Problem solved!  Roaming around the HP website, I found the following very helpful sets of directions:

Printing from a Mac (OS X 10.5) HP Photosmart Premium ...

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01368574:1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3793676&lang=en

and

Using the Paper Type/Quality Panel to Change Print Settings in Mac OS X 10.5

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01662356:1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=3793676

HP Recommended

My problem is not the printing or the setttings for printing, my issue is the scanning.

I have not been able to scan from my HP PSC 1410v to my mac.  I think I need HP SOlution for Mac to be able to do this, but you say there is none.

So what do I do?

Thank you,

Ericka

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue as well with the D110 series.

HP Recommended

Can't use hp solutions.  Says I have to reinstall it.  Can you help me?

HP Recommended

I recently bought a MACBOOK PRO 15"

On this computer I don't succeed installing the HP solution center I used on my old Windows XP notebook. So I cannot scan images from my computer. What havve I to do ?

A similar problem occurs when I try to convert files into PDF forat. Formerly I used the "PDF Creator" but it seemed that this program is only suitable for Windows: What have I To Do?

HP Recommended

luwelux -

What model A-I-O are you trying to use in System 10.5.8 to do scanning?  What driver version are you using?  Were you ever able to scan?  

HP Recommended

I too am unable to find Help or HP Solutions from my Mac.  

my problem is that my Photo Smart 6100 series printer began turning itself off and on over and over with a message on the LED screen to "always use the On/Off button to turn the printer on and off, not the surge protector"  paraphrasing.  the printer is not connected to the surge protector.  I have unplugged, waited and replugged in the power cable and pushed the On/Off button.  This begins the cycle again of powering on for a brief moment, long enough to display the error message, then turns itself off again.  I can't get to Help, Set up, or any functions of the printer...Have checked the outlet and the power cord and both are ok...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.