Question

Honor Student
DRATCLIFFE
Message 1 of 5 (720 Views)

HP c410a with iMac and Mavericks, can use AirPrint but cannot scan or fax.

Have Mavericks os X version 10.9.1 as of 16 Dec 2013 (most current o/s update).  Using the printer, an HP Photosmart c410a wirelessly.  NOTE:  Did not connect printer via USB to iMac to install additional drivers.  Can print wirelessly from iMac and iPhone5 to the HP C410a.  Went to Apple, System Preferences, Printers and Scanners", HP c410 is displayed as default printer.  Selected "Scan" tab then the "Open Scanner..." button, and received the following message:  "Software for this device is not installed  Scanning software for this printer is currently unavailable.  Please contact the printer's manufacturer for the latest software.  Software for this device is not installed.  

Tjis is a good printer and would like to use it with my new iMac, but I require the scanning and faxing capabilities.

Please assist.

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 2 of 5 (686 Views)

Re: HP c410a with iMac and Mavericks, can use AirPrint but cannot scan or fax.

Hi DRATCLIFFE,

I'd like to help you be able to scan with your Photosmart c410a and the Mavericks 10.9.1.

I suggest restarting the printer and the computer, connecting a USB cable temporarily and checking for Apple Software Updates. Once the updates are compete, disconnect the USB cable and restart the computer again. Delete the printer from the print and scan and then re-add it again, but this time when you add the printer ensure you are using the Hp driver rather then the Airprint driver.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue. If you need or would like additional assistance, I am happy to help.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
DRATCLIFFE
Message 3 of 5 (646 Views)

Sunshyn2005,

Thanks for the quick response and sorry I haven't responded earlier.  Things are just very hectic around the household at this time; all awaiting Santa Claus.

Your solution worked for me, I am able to scan now.

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 4 of 5 (603 Views)

Hi DRATCLIFFE, and happy New Years!

I am so glad you are able to scan now. I hope Santa was good to you and your family.

Now I can't help but tell you a funny story, I was feeling a cold coming on Christmas Eve and after everybody had gone to bed, I went to the washroom and I put on some Vick's Vapor Rub. Well....  my son woke up the next morning and said to me.... "Mom, Santa pee'd in our bathroom, I know because it smells like candy canes"  :smileyhappy:

Happy Holidays. Please consider marking Message 2 as "Accept as Solution" so that others who may experience the same or similar issue can find the solution easily.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
Student
Juru6
Message 5 of 5 (361 Views)

Thank you.  You helped me more than you will ever know with this thread!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation