Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

This still DOES NOT make the HP Software work correctly.

HP Recommended

I agree. It clearly needs some reworking as it doesn't work properly at all!

HP Recommended

Does not indicate 10.9 Mavericks and does not indicate it fixes scanner function for PS 7510 Series (i.e. 7515).  It is good for 7520, but not some others..

HP Recommended

You are right @Newdogs and @Nonplussed, that driver fix only provide the basic scanner function. It is still missing the whole set of HP software that usually comes with it to allow more control on the printer and scanning. But I am happy at least I can scan again using the ImageCapture.

HP Recommended

I wish to verify that this is also an issue using the latest HP Scan with Mac OS 10.9 Mavericks and the HP ScanJet G3010 scanner.

Anyone who knows if there's an ETA on updated software ?

HP Recommended

After Vanricker's posting on 11/05/2013 let me repeat that for my HP Scanjet 4890 it is still not working:

1. HP Scan version 2.4.4 shows the scan results OK on screen, but printing and saving fail (rubbish). (My conclusion: no problem here with the driver.)

2. The workarounds fail, since both Preview and ImageCapture do not recognize my scanner. This might be a driver problem.

:Crying:

HP Recommended
Exactly the same as with the G3010. The scan program displays the image correctly but saved images are either garbage, or can't be saved (the Scan program claims that there are problems writing to the disk.. )
HP Recommended

Please consider the scan fix for Photosmart C4780 too.  Its old but works great other than the scan issues with Mavericks.

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problems with a HP Photosmart 6510

HP Recommended

I cannot scan to my hp photosmart 7510 all in one since I installed Mavericks on my MacBook Air. I was advised to try using Image Capture, Preview, and Scanning through System Preferences--none of them worked. I keep getting an error message saying the software failed to open a session.

I can print just fine, so it seems like it is not the wireless connection. I just can't get the computer to recognize the scanner.

Very frustrating. I hope they fix this soon.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.