Question

Top Student
scottdoughty
Message 1 of 9 (4,027 Views)
Accepted Solution

How can I set black and white printing as my default on my Photosmart 5510e?

I have a Photosmart 5510e. I would like to set the default so that it always prints in black and white. How can I do this?

Distinguished Professor
DevRao
Message 2 of 9 (4,022 Views)

Re: How can I set black and white printing as my default on my Photosmart 5510e?

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Which is the O\S used? If windows go to printer control panel > right click on 5510 > select printing preferences > Click advanced > under printer features > turn on print in grayscale mode.

For Mac please refer the link below.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01368574&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5063582&tmp...

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Top Student
scottdoughty
Message 3 of 9 (4,013 Views)

Re: How can I set black and white printing as my default on my Photosmart 5510e?

I am printing from a website. When I click print I get a window that does not offer me any color settings. My OS ia10.6 (Mac). My browser is Chrome.

Distinguished Professor
DevRao
Message 4 of 9 (4,011 Views)

Hi,

What happens when you select print option on chrome do you find printer icon and its properties?

Top Student
scottdoughty
Message 5 of 9 (4,010 Views)

I do not get a printer icon and properties. I get a little diagram of the printer as a destination with the choice to change it, but no choice to change any settings. I'd send you a acreen shot of it but  I don't think I can.

Distinguished Professor
DevRao
Message 6 of 9 (3,999 Views)

Hi,

Please change the settings under printer properties and then try printing again. Please check the link for the same.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01662356&cc=ad&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_r1002_us...

Top Student
scottdoughty
Message 7 of 9 (3,986 Views)

Hi, The window I get after clicking print does not have a printer properties choice. I recently upgraded my Chrome to 22.0.1229.79. I no longer get the drop down box that I am familiar with, which does have printer properties and other choices that can be changed and selected. This on is different, and deoes not offer many choices. I have included an image of the screen sht I took of it, below.

Scott

Screen shot 2012-10-04 at 3.46.46 PM.png

Distinguished Professor
DevRao
Message 8 of 9 (3,984 Views)

Hi,

Please view a short video about how to print.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZXLsXTRdoo

Top Student
scottdoughty
Message 9 of 9 (3,960 Views)

Thanks. that did it. It was right there in front of my face, but... I appreciate you sticking with me. Scott
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation