09-21-2011 09:51 AM
I can't seem to be able to load the photo paper into my HP deskjet 5440 printer to make it print photographs, it just jams. I need help for 4x6 and 5x7 paper. Using a Macintosh OSX. I have all the settings for the printer ready for the photos, please help with loading the paper. Thanks.
09-21-2011 10:05 AM
It is a pretty simple process. Remove the paper from the input tray, and than put the photo media in the tray face down and tab (if present) towards the front. shug up the paper guides, but not too snug so they restrict the paper moving into the printer.
If you are doing that and the paper jams, make sure you are using paper that is supported in this printer. If the paper is too thick, or too heavy, it will not make it 'round the rollers and will jam in the printer.
I have attached a link to the printer specifications for this one.
01-08-2014 05:38 AM
It was a bit tricky to know to push it all the way in - first couple of attempts said must load paper, however, now I have printed the first photo (cam out with borders although had ticked 'no borders') I'll practice a bit more ; )
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Printing Over a Wireless Network with Apple's AirPrint FAQs
- Scan from OS X v10.9 Mavericks With the Full Feature HP Software for HP Multifunction Printers
- Scanning in OS X v10.10 Yosemite Without HP Software