How do I load my HP deskjet printer with 4x6 or 5x7 photo paper (17529 Views)
Honor Student
Ralpher
Message 1 of 5 (17,529 Views)

How do I load my HP deskjet printer with 4x6 or 5x7 photo paper

I can't seem to be able to load the photo paper into my HP deskjet 5440 printer to make it print photographs, it just jams. I need help for 4x6 and 5x7 paper. Using a Macintosh OSX. I have all the settings for the printer ready for the photos, please help with loading the paper. Thanks.

PhD Student
MBJustice
Message 2 of 5 (17,517 Views)

Re: How do I load my HP deskjet printer with 4x6 or 5x7 photo paper

It is a pretty simple process.  Remove the paper from the input tray, and than put the photo media in the tray face down and tab (if present) towards the front.  shug up the paper guides, but not too snug so they restrict the paper moving into the printer.  

If you are doing that and the paper jams, make sure you are using paper that is supported in this printer.  If the paper is too thick, or too heavy, it will not make it 'round the rollers and will jam in the printer.

I have attached a link to the printer specifications for this one.

DJ 5440 specs

Student
Lcar
Message 3 of 5 (11,781 Views)

This was very helpfull. I succesfully printed my first photo.

Student
andiecayne
Message 4 of 5 (6,453 Views)

It was a bit tricky to know to push it all the way in - first couple of attempts said must load paper, however, now I have printed the first photo (cam out with borders although had ticked 'no borders') I'll practice a bit more ; )

Honor Student
-amy
Message 5 of 5 (5,404 Views)

How do I load my HP deskjet printer with 4x6 or 5x7 photo...

How do I load my HP deskjet printer with 4x6 or 5x7 photo paper and print the photo where is the door

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation