Question

Top Student
smitty195
Message 1 of 5 (2,863 Views)
Accepted Solution

How do you print an envelope?

Hello,

I have been searching all over the internet and HP's website in order to learn how to print an envelope. Can someone please point me in the right direction so that I can give it a shot? Here are the particulars:

Printer: HP OfficeJet Pro 8500A Plus

Computer: iMac, running Lion (OS 10.7.2)

I have Microsoft Office 2011 (for the Mac) as well as "Pages" (Apple's version of Word). I would like to learn how to type up an envelope on my computer screen, and then put an envelope in the printer and have it print out. I have tried so many things but I keep coming up empty, and I would really appreciate some guidance. 

Thanks much!

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 5 (2,838 Views)

Re: How do you print an envelope?

In both Word and Pages there are templates set up for envelopes.  From the File menu > New from Template.

Choose your envelope size and layout and open it.  Enter your own information and the print it.

I am employed by HP
Top Student
smitty195
Message 3 of 5 (2,833 Views)

Wow, it's this easy? Nice! Can you please tell me how the envelope goes into the tray? Does it go face down or face up, and do you put it in "wide" or "skinny"? Thanks!!

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 4 of 5 (2,830 Views)

[ Edited ]

There is an envelope icon molded into the input tray.  Usually it goes in skinny side in, flap up, with the flap on the left side as you face the printer.

I am employed by HP
Top Student
smitty195
Message 5 of 5 (2,804 Views)

Fantastic--thank you very much! 

(Sorry for the delay in responding. For some reason, your last message never made it to my Inbox and I just now found it). 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation