Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am trying to scan using my Deskjet 2050 J510 on my Mac OSX 10.7.2. I cannot seem to figure it out, can anyone help me with this? the only thing that will open is the utility for the printer. Any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Did you get the latest software for your printer from the "Support & Drivers" link at the top of this page?

Have you tried to scan with Image Capture in your Applications folder?  Try it (click the "Show Details" button along the bottom of its window for more options).

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended
I got the latest software, and image capture? I just got my mac a few months ago... whats image capture?
HP Recommended

Hi,

You have two options two scan, either by the HP Scan Application or the Print & Scan dialog.

First, make sure to update the latest driver:

Click the Apple icon, then click Software Update.

Click the Show Details button, make sure that any HP Update is selected and then click Install.

Clck the desktop once, then click the Go menu at the top bar.

Enter the Applications folder.

Enter the Hewlett-Packard folder.

Double click the HP Scan icon in order to scan.

You may change the settigs by using the bottom bar, and then click Scan.

Once done, click Save to save your scan.

You can also use any of the OS scan options by following the steps below:

Mac OS X 10.8

c03550518 http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03550518

Mac OS X 10.7

c03583741 http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03583741

Mac OS X 10.6

c03548824 http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03548824

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended
Hey, i cannot find the hp print and scan application and i installed all the drivers from the HP website. Did i do something wrong?
HP Recommended

I've been trying to scan some documents but whenever i open the HP Scan 3 it keeps closing down and saying that the application closed down inexpectively what do i do ?

HP Recommended

Scan using Image Capture in your Applications folder. Choose  your scanner on the left, then click "Show Details" along the bottom.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

Why wouldn't the HP utility work? Thank you so much for mentioning Image Capture!!! It saved me, but I'm still curious why Utility doens't work..

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.