Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I can't work out how to print envelopes on my HP LaserJet Pro 200 color MFP.  

I put the envelope upright (flap down) in the adjustable tray at the very top of the machine (as I have done in almost every printer I've used) and it prints the address on a sheet of paper!  

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

How do I pring envelopes on the HP LaserJet Pro 200 color MFP?

HP Recommended

Hi cndmsp,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience!

I see by your post that you are unable to print on the envelopes.
I will be happy to help you.

What is the full name and product number of your printer? How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Both the Laserjet m251 and M276 have a main tray. These models don't have a priority tray. Above the tray is the jam access door to remove paper jams.

To print on the envelopes, you would need to remove all the paper from the main tray and load the envelopes in the main (bottom) tray, to print to envelopes with these two units.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.
Have a nice day!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi goodgrandma ,

I see by your post that you would also like to know how to print envelopes.
I will be happy to help you.

Both the Laserjet m251 and M276 have a main tray only.

Above the tray is the jam access door to remove paper jams.

To print on the envelopes, you would need to remove all the paper from the main tray and load the envelopes in the main (bottom) tray, to print to envelopes with these two units.

If you are using Word Application, click on Tools, select Letters and Mailing/Envelopes and labels, the envelope box will open, in the envelope tab enter your address, click on Options, click the Printing Options tab, you will need to change the Feed from to Auto, it is likely set to Manual.

What is the full name and product
number of your printer? How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Hope this helps.

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.
Have a great day!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi - thanks for this. My full model details are  HP LaserJet Pro 200 Color M276nw  

Is this the same i.e. bottom tray?  That is a bit of a faff for a single envelope.

HP Recommended

Hi cndmsp,

Yes, the Laserjet Pro 200 M276 just has the bottom tray.

Unfortunately this model doesn't come with the priority tray for single sheets or envelope printing.

I have included the manual for future use and a picture describing the parts of the printer.

LASERJET PRO 200 COLOR MFP.

m276 front view.png

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

And this is a professional model? How inconvenient! I have a dozen letters, of varying lengths, and envelopes to print.

HP Recommended

Unbelievable! I regret buying this printer. I bought it to replace a 4 year old Lexmark color laser printer. I didn't even check this feature before I bought the new printer ebcause I expected it to be  a basic feature for every printer...

Now I have to empty the paper tray for each envelope I need to print. This sucks.   Good thing I only bought one printer, I need more for other office locations but will look for other other brand because I feel duped.

HP Recommended

I agree.  We should be able to put it through the top feeder.  What a pain in the ass. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.