Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I just set up my new HP8600 and was puzzled about printing doublesided from Word. Thanks for being the answer to my question!

HP Recommended

Thanks shlomi, works perfect !

But for landscape printing, select "short edge" !

Stéphane

HP Recommended

OSX 10.8.5 MS Word 2011

Print 2 sides  of 9 PAGE DOCUMENT.

I follow your steps  and Only Get a GREY OUT SWITCH  "TWO-SIDED          OFF"

Print

I bought a second Officejet 6600 when my 1st one stopped working (cheaper to replace it I thought). The 1st 6600 did double sided printing just fine.

BUT the secondOfficejet 6600 did NOT come with the duplex mechanism so I installed the old one from the firstOfficejet 6600.

Could it be even though the duplex mecanism fits, the printer doesn't know about it?

If so how can I start that option?

Layout

Two-Sided          - OFF    

HP Recommended

If I knew, I'd tell you.  I gave up, and bought an Epson printer.  I haven't looked back in the last year, and have no problems printing doublesided, using the iPad print apps, finding the printer on the network...

NONE of the problems I had from Day 1 with the HP printer.  The print quality is 10x better, the scanner always works.  Right now, I don't foresee buying any other HP products again.  I'd decided years ago to never buy another of their laptops, but I was still buying their printers because they were quality.  After this, not only are they not quality, the customer service is awful.  I called, I posted, I emailed, and nobody could ever give me an answer.

At least the HP printer was able to go help a non-profit that does disaster recovery support.  They didn't care if it did double-sided printing, all they cared about was if it printed.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much. This solved my problem. But can you now tell me how to get to "presets" so I don't have to go through these steps every time?

Again, thanks,

Phiris

HP Recommended

Yeah this solution sorely needs to be updated.

Like if the Printer Properties are all set to do duplex printing automatically, but Word doesn't allow you double sided printing as an option.  In this scenario, all other options (regardless if they bring up system dialog boxes or not) don't seem to solve it.

It's frustrating because you know the printer can handle it -- it's even configured to do so -- but the popular Word software just won't see it.

HP Recommended

And that is why HP lost a long time customer.  I own an Epson printer now, and don't have to play this game.

HP Recommended

I tried this solution, but I still do not see the 2-side print option.

Do not see how to add screenshots

HP Recommended

Shlomi's response is exactly what I am looking for.  Now my problem is resolved.  Thanks so so much!

HP Recommended

Thanks! This solution worked with my Brother printer as well.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.