How to install (not update) my HP LaserJet 1020/1022 on Mountain Lion (27360 Views)
Honor Student
fuschett
Message 1 of 11 (27,360 Views)
Accepted Solution

How to install (not update) my HP LaserJet 1020/1022 on Mountain Lion

Hi guys,

I'm trying to install my HP LaserJet 1020 on my new Mountain Lion anyway I'm not able to find any driver! The specific HP web page says that I can "update" this printer using the Apple Software Update anyway I don't see any update or installation on it.

With previous version of the OS was possible to download a .dmg for HP LaserJet 1022. I tried to download and install the driver for Snow Leopard anyway I don't see any entry when I try to select a driver for my printer during the installation phase (the list contain only two very generic drivers for HP printers).

Thanks for your time!

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 11 (27,306 Views)

Re: How to install (not update) my HP LaserJet 1020/1022 on Mountain Lion

Hi,

The Laserjet 1020 officialy not compatible with Mountain Lion, however you may try using the following workaround:

Install the HP Printer Drivers 2.9 package by clicking the Download button below:

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL907

After completing the installation, go to System PReferences > Print & Fax.

Click the Plus sign and select the printer.

If you still see a Generic driver selected, click the Use drop-down and then click Select Printer Software.

From the list, select the HP Laserjet 1022 and add the printer.

Now try printing using the configured print queue.

Regards,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
fuschett
Message 3 of 11 (27,299 Views)

Thanks a lot, your proposal resolved my problem.
Honor Student
Hugo19461
Message 4 of 11 (27,097 Views)

HI,

Onfortunately my LJ1022 doesnot work properly with Imac with montainLion (with snow leopard the same problems) my documents are only the firtst one and than a empty page, and all the lights start flashing on the printer.

So I need more help help help

Hugo

in Holland !

Student
drrutledge
Message 5 of 11 (26,940 Views)

Everything I read says that if my printer (HP 1022) worked with Lion it will work with Mountain Lion. However, my 1022 (connected to a MacBook Pro via USB through hub) repeatedly thinks it has gone offline even when it hasn't and requests an automatic software update. After some minutes of searching, it announces there is no update available, leaving me with a nonprinting printer. I tried to fix above (including restarting) and it worked for a while. Now I'm back in the continual loop of requests for upgraded software that can't be found. Ideas?
Student
kathleen19446
Message 6 of 11 (26,510 Views)

I've done all of that on my new Mac Book Pro with my HP 1020 printer and he system identifies the printer properly but it still won't print and nothing shows up in the queue when I command a print job. Any ideas are appreciated.

Honor Student
loiscarroll
Message 7 of 11 (24,566 Views)

THANK YOU!

You solved this for me when both HP directly and an Apple genius could not..  

Very much appreciated.  This issue is now resolved after my recent upgrade to Mountain Lion.

Lois

Student
sherif84
Message 8 of 11 (24,201 Views)

i want softwair

Intern
Fail
Message 9 of 11 (18,475 Views)

LaserJet 1022 not working on OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

[ Edited ]

Hi ShlomiL, despite your advice being accepted as a solution, I highly doubt, it actually solves the problem.

I have the drivers installed for the HP LaserJet 1022. Drivers are v 1.4 (currently the latest). 

http://cl.ly/image/052y1W122I3k

You write "The Laserjet 1020 officialy not compatible with Mountain Lion, ...".

Well that, sir, is simply not true. Did you check your facts? See HPs own compatibility list:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01664444&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=439323#N244...

It states that the LaserJet 1022 is working with OS X 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8.

Sorry to spoil the party, but what you write is wrong in every aspect.

-> You say the LaserJet 1022 is not supported but it is stated as supported on HPs very own documentation.

-> You say the LaserJet 1022 could be working with your "workaround". Believe me, it is not.

I've gone through every single iteration of OS X and I can tell you the LaserJet 1022 does not and has not been working since 10.5. HP fails to write good drivers for it's own devices.

People if you need a solution head over to the GutenPrint drivers. A free OpenSource solution which puts HPs development team to shame. I was able to get my printer back to work with their drivers. Thanks so much GutenPrint and everybody might wanna consider a donation to their project. Thanks to them I can still use the LaserJet 1022.

http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/MacOSX.php

So HP, despite updating the driver for the 1022, it still gives me the blinking christmas lights after printing a single page and then choosing to continue with blank pages. This has been going on for years. I wonder what actually was changed when going to version 1.4. Maybe the developer just added a funny joke to the source code?

What a sad and ridiculous story. A multi-national heavyweight company, unable to develop a working driver for a standard monochrom laserprinter. If only I didn't buy that brick in the first place I might be able to laugh about this.

HP support is not listening. Remember that for your next purchase.
Honor Student
er1k
Message 10 of 11 (13,632 Views)

Re: LaserJet 1022 not working on OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

I have also tried every work-around I could find.  None of them work.  I can also verify that the Laserjet 1022 trick does not work.  

Is anyone else still having this problem as well?

It is pretty lousy of HP not to seem to care or bother to do this.  My office has a lot of these very useful mono laser printers around.  How about it HP?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation