Question

Honor Student
labellaflora
Message 1 of 5 (7,621 Views)

How to scan a multiple page document with HP D110 on a MAC OX 10.5.8 without saving page by page?

On the output page there is a place for multiple scans to be counted ("1 of ...") but I've only been able to scan & save one page at a time. ~ labellaflora

Grad Student
FretnBoutNutn
Message 2 of 5 (7,597 Views)

Re: How to scan a multiple page document with HP D110 on a MAC OX 10.5.8 without saving page by page

In case you haven't already done so, I would first suggest that you download and install the latest software for your D110 from the support.hp.com website. 

To scan multi-page documents there are a couple of things you should do before you start the scan:

A) When you first launch HP Scan, you will be presented with a sheet where you select your scan device and pick a scanning profile.  Make sure that you choose the "Documents" profile.

B) Below the panel where you select your profile, there is a button titled "Profile Settings".  Click this to view the settings for the profile.  Click the "Page Options" tab, and ensure that "Prompt for additional pages" is selected.

Now when you scan, the software should ask you after each scan if you have more pages to scan.  Follow the prompts to scan each page.  The pages are accumulated in the application.  When ready, you can save the pages to a file format such as PDF that allows all pages to be saved into a single file.

Note: you can also use the "+" button located in the lower left corner of the HP Scan window to add pages for the current document.  Use this approach if you realize you need to add pages after you have told the software that you are done.

Hope this helps,

FretnBoutNutn
I work for HP.

- Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
- Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Student
silapberdi
Message 3 of 5 (7,573 Views)

Re: How to scan a multiple page document with HP D110 on a MAC OX 10.5.8 without saving page by page

Hi,

I can`t scan to macbook pro with HP PHOTOSMART(D110). It scans one page to multiple pages. I mean a scanned page is divided into smaller parts and saved as a different pdf files on my desktop. I couldn`t find `shrink to one file` as it was in windows run laptops. Please help. 

Thank you,

Silap

Student
Kat_A
Message 4 of 5 (6,737 Views)

I'm working in Mac OS X 10.6.8, trying to scan a multiple-page document. There is actually no option to select a document profile. When I go into printers through System Preferences, it takes me to a Print & Fax window where I can select my printer, paper size and sharing preferences. Then I select "Open Scanner" and it takes me to a window where I can scan and select some Details such as whether I want to scan in color, detect separate items, and what format and location to save to. Nowhere is there an option for scanning Documents or a + in any corner. Please help.

Grad Student
FretnBoutNutn
Message 5 of 5 (6,734 Views)

The steps you are following will result in scanning with the Apple Image Capture scan UI.  In order to utilize the instructions that I provided earlier you'll need to start the scan from the HP software.  If you have installed the latest HP software, you will find the HP Scan application in the /Applications/Hewlett-Packard folder.

Hope this helps,

FretnBoutNutn
I work for HP.

- Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
- Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation