01-18-2014 04:29 PM
OfficeJet 8100 ePrinter
Hello, my printer has the two-sided printing hardware. I want to know how to stop it from rotating the image 180 degress when it prints the second time.
01-19-2014 03:24 AM
When you set two-sided printing, there is usually either two modes for it, or a separate setting that determines whether every 2nd page will be flipped or not. Its name varies, but it commonly is something like "Long Edge Binding/Short Edge Binding". Sounds like you have this setting incorrect for your print job.
When you print "normally" (i.e. in portrait mode), if you bound the pages into a book, the binding would be on the long edge of each sheet of paper, so the "Long Edge Binding" is the correct duplex mode for that.
If you print something in 2-sided landscape mode (e.g. to produce a low & wide booklet), then you'll need that 180 degree rotation - and "Short Edge Binding" will do exactly that.
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Printing Over a Wireless Network with Apple's AirPrint FAQs
- Scan from OS X v10.9 Mavericks With the Full Feature HP Software for HP Multifunction Printers
- Scanning in OS X v10.10 Yosemite Without HP Software