Question
Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (363 Views)

How to stop Two-Sided printing from turn the page

OfficeJet 8100 ePrinter

Hello, my printer has the two-sided printing hardware. I want to know how to stop it from rotating the image 180 degress when it prints the second time.

Intern
Message 2 of 3 (346 Views)

Re: How to stop Two-Sided printing from turn the page

When you set two-sided printing, there is usually either two modes for it, or a separate setting that determines whether every 2nd page will be flipped or not. Its name varies, but it commonly is something like "Long Edge Binding/Short Edge Binding". Sounds like you have this setting incorrect for your print job.

When you print "normally" (i.e. in portrait mode), if you bound the pages into a book, the binding would be on the long edge of each sheet of paper, so the "Long Edge Binding" is the correct duplex mode for that.

If you print something in 2-sided landscape mode (e.g. to produce a low & wide booklet), then you'll need that 180 degree rotation - and "Short Edge Binding" will do exactly that.

Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (328 Views)

Re: How to stop Two-Sided printing from turn the page

Thank you! That did the job.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation