10-21-2010 08:08 AM
Last times I followed the amazing tipps of PrintDOC and we managed to get my Hp Officejet 5800 wireless working using mac build in drivers.
Now the problem is when scanning documents
It is extremely slow and sometimes Image Capture even Crashes.
I register even a 99% cpu usage from a certain Hp background process
10-21-2010 12:25 PM
I am not trying to be flippant, but scanning over 600 dpi is unnecessary unless you are planning on enlarging the scan greatly.
By using very large DPI settings, it does take a lot of CPU and storage space to process scans. That is a lot of data that has to be processed.
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Printing Over a Wireless Network with Apple's AirPrint FAQs
- Scan from OS X v10.9 Mavericks With the Full Feature HP Software for HP Multifunction Printers
- Scanning in OS X v10.10 Yosemite Without HP Software