01-14-2012 03:34 AM
I have an HP Deskjet 5940. It has stopped printing recently. The power light is blinking. The computer sees it but says it is offline. There are no docs in the queue. It is attached to a Mac but I have disconnected it and attached it to a Windows 7 system and it does the same thing. I have checked the cords using ones that work fine on another printer. I have checked paper, print cartridges, etc. At this point I am thinking it is dead. But I am holding out hope. Any suggestions or do I bury the printer?
01-14-2012 09:04 PM
Remove the ink cartridges. Close the lid and leave the printer ON. Pull the ower plug out of the back of the printer for 30 seconds.
After this reset, does it behave now?
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Printing Over a Wireless Network with Apple's AirPrint FAQs
- Scan from OS X v10.9 Mavericks With the Full Feature HP Software for HP Multifunction Printers
- Scanning in OS X v10.10 Yosemite Without HP Software