Question

Honor Student
mmare100
Message 1 of 6 (870 Views)

Image Capture doesn't detect HP LaserJet M1212nf MFP

I succeed to scan single/ADF but only from HP software provided...and the only reason I bought it is to include scanner functionality within a MAC OS X application.

Master's Graduate
Mandy_G
Message 2 of 6 (848 Views)

Re: Image Capture doesn't detect HP LaserJet M1212nf MFP

Hi mmare100, 

the Laserjet M1212 does not support scanning via Image Capture yet. You can only use the HP scanning software. 

Best regards,
Mandy

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Thumb up in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Although I work for HP my posts and replies are my own
Honor Student
mmare100
Message 3 of 6 (847 Views)

That was my conclusion, too, after spending whole day researching. Too bad, because I've spent ~200 Eur buying it especially for offering scanning, ADF and Mac support. 

I think just saying "supported OS: MAC OS X" is not enough...if only  HP scanning software works.

Native Mac applications like Image Capture, Preview does not recognize yet the device, and also my XCODE application that must implement a scanning module...

I'm really looking forward for an HP update with drivers for MAC OS X. 

Latest update from Apple, from 10 jan 2013, doesn't include yet this model

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3669

Honor Student
mmare100
Message 4 of 6 (792 Views)

I had to by HP LaserJet M1536dnf MFP, scanning ADF worked like a charm on MAC from native tools like ImageCapture...

Master's Graduate
Mandy_G
Message 5 of 6 (787 Views)

Oups, seems not all my text was posted yesterday. 

As far as I know one of the next HP Driver Updates will also contain the M1212 - however, I am not sure if this will include the support for Image Capture. 

The HP Scan Software for this device does not allow scanning multipage documents from scanner glas. Though, if you scan from ADF (Automatc Document Feeder) it should be possible actually. Choose to save the document as PDF, so that all pages are in one file. 

Best regards,
Mandy

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Thumb up in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Although I work for HP my posts and replies are my own
Provost
ShlomiL
Message 6 of 6 (702 Views)

Hi,

ICA drivers are now available for the M1212.

Be sure to run Software Update to get the latest drivers, then you may scan using Image Capture, Preview, Print & Scan or any other ICA scanning program:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03550518&tmp_task=useCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=e...

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation