Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
There are two firmware updates for the HP 1102w. One upgrades the printer with Eprint mobile printing, and the other upgrades the printer with AirPrint services. Of course, I installed the wrong one (eprint) and now the firmware updater for AirPrint will not install because it says the firmware is up to date. Does anyone know how to roll back the firmware so that I can install the firmware with the features I want?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Any firmware update provide the latest added functionality and any earlier firmware fixes as well.

The latest firmware is version 20110826.

Please print a configuration page by holding the Cancel button pressed for several seconds.

I believe you should have the latest firmware by now and should be able to use the Airprint feature.

Verify your printer connected to the same network of your iDevice and try following the steps below:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02623193

Please let me know of any issue,

shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Any firmware update provide the latest added functionality and any earlier firmware fixes as well.

The latest firmware is version 20110826.

Please print a configuration page by holding the Cancel button pressed for several seconds.

I believe you should have the latest firmware by now and should be able to use the Airprint feature.

Verify your printer connected to the same network of your iDevice and try following the steps below:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02623193

Please let me know of any issue,

shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended
Thanks for your reply. I should have been a bit clearer. I installed the firmware version 20110526. When I then tried to install what was showing as the newer version (20110826) it said the firmware was already up to date. I don't understand why it thinks the firmware is the latest because I definitely clicked on the link to install the 20110526 version. One thing of interest is that both versions were released on 20110920. Anyway, I will try following your suggestions in the event it actually downloaded the latest version. If that doesn't work I will try again to load the 20110826 firmware. I will let you know how that works out. Thanks for your help!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.