03-04-2014 10:39 AM
In 10.9.1, I would have to go into the print and scan section of system preferences, delete the HP 3390 printer and then add it right back. That's the only way I could get the scanner software to recognize my printer.
After updating to 10.9.2, this method didn't seem to be working anymore and I started to freak out. However, after deleting and adding the printer a few more times I was finally able to get it to work. If it hadn't worked, I would have had to run the installer again as you did.
04-05-2014 09:52 PM
Thank you for the simple solution.
I finally upgraded to Mavericks and tried your method to get my HP Laserjet 3052 scanning again after the upgrade. It works perfectly again!
After running the Sudo command, the installer window opened but it didn’t “run and restart the computer.” I ran it manually and it completed without any issues. I then restarted the computer when prompted.
After the restart, a new HP Scan icon was in the Dock, along with the one that I had there from before the upgrade to Mavericks. I needed to delete the new icon (it was unusable) and use the old icon.
Everything works as it did before the upgrade.
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Printing Over a Wireless Network with Apple's AirPrint FAQs
- Scan from OS X v10.9 Mavericks With the Full Feature HP Software for HP Multifunction Printers
- Scanning in OS X v10.10 Yosemite Without HP Software