Is Laserjet 3055 compatible with OS X Lion (10.7) for print, fax, and scan (30492 Views)
Top Student
HP4Macs
Message 51 of 112 (857 Views)

Re: Is Laserjet 3055 compatible with OS X Lion (10.7) for print, fax, and scan

Did you try the method of doing a forced quit during the installation (discussed a couple of comments above)? That will fix the problem you are having. I've installed it a couple of times using that method.

bu7 Tutor
Tutor
bu7
Message 52 of 112 (839 Views)

I tried to make as it was written in the previous posts, but it does not work for me. When I launch the Director, and choose USB or Network is the case with USB - printer does not appear, and I can not finish the setting, in the case of Network - a message about network problems and the inability to use the current settings. But in the case of USB printer appears in the "Printers and Scanners" Mac OS. Probably something I'm doing wrong.

Top Student
gglnyc
Message 53 of 112 (776 Views)

I got it to work with Mountain Lion using the force quit option too. It was working on my Lion OS before that.

bu7 Tutor
Tutor
bu7
Message 54 of 112 (770 Views)

[ Edited ]

Please describe in detail, step by step how you did it? I could not do as described above. 

Top Student
gglnyc
Message 55 of 112 (761 Views)

Go to the description that empr3ss left in a previous post and follow those instructions.

I had HP Director software working in Lion.  After I installed Mountain Lion the printer worked, but not the scan function in HP Director.

I downloaded and reinstalled the LJMFP305x339xOSX10.5Update-v8.2 file, following empr3ss's instructions.  I didn't delete any of the HP files before I did this.  If I remember correctly I had to uninstall all of the HP 3052 files in Lion before it installed correctly.

It took a couple of attempts to get the force quit timing right, but it now works just like it did before.

One thing to note.  I have to start HP Director two times to get the scan icon to be highlighted and for it to work.  I start it and the icon remains grayed out.  I then close it, and start it again and the scan icon works.  It did the same thing in Lion. 

Top Student
HP4Macs
Message 56 of 112 (757 Views)

[quote]I have to start HP Director two times to get the scan icon to be highlighted and for it to work.  I start it and the icon remains grayed out.  I then close it, and start it again and the scan icon works.  It did the same thing in Lion. [/quote]

When the scan program is open it puts the scan program icon in your dock. Just choose to keep the icon in the dock and then it will always open when you click the scan icon in the dock.

bu7 Tutor
Tutor
bu7
Message 57 of 112 (749 Views)

Thanks for the detailed description! Tell me please, if it is "clean" installation of a Mountain Lion, this method will work? I have not turned it on a "clean" install, so I had to put the Lion, install the printer and scanner as described Morandi, and then updated on the Mountain Lion. Now everything is working very well, and a scanner and a printer, but I have not reached my goal, "clean" install of Mountain Lion.

Top Student
gglnyc
Message 58 of 112 (744 Views)

Great suggestion.  This makes it even simplier to use.

Top Student
gglnyc
Message 59 of 112 (741 Views)

I only did an upgrade. I don't know about a clean install.
bu7 Tutor
Tutor
bu7
Message 60 of 112 (738 Views)

Are you kidding? :smileyhappy: It works, but it does not save time ... And "clean" install a Mountain Lion did not work: (
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation