Question
Is Laserjet 3055 compatible with OS X Lion (10.7) for print, fax, and scan
Replies (111)

Honor Student
hon-za
Message 61 of 112 (1,295 Views)

Re: Is Laserjet 3055 compatible with OS X Lion (10.7) for print, fax, and scan

I have just been able to make my 3390 work (including scanning) in a clean installatino of Mountain Lion with this procedure:

1. Reset printing software in System Preferences
  2. Restart
  3. Run the installer from LJMFP305x339xOSX10.5Update-v8.2.dmg
  4. Force-quit the installer when reached 71 items remaining to be installed
  5. Connect the printer via USB (I was not asked by the software, probably because of the force-quit, just simply did that)
  6. Restart
  7. Run the HP Setup Assistant via sudo
  8. Update software via the App Store app
  9. Continue with the Setup Assistant to setup USB printer
  10. Try printing -> success
  11. Try scanning using the HP Scan app -> success
  12. Disconnect printer from USB
  13. Connect printer to network
  14. Run the HP Setup Assistant via sudo
  15. Setup the network printer by manually entering its IP address (I didn't want to select the printer by name even though the printer did appear in the list)
  16. Try printing -> success
  17. Try scanning the HP Scan app -> success

I think that some of the steps might be omitted (maybe steps 5 thru 12), but didn't want to spend too much time testing...

Master's Graduate
Garland_M
Message 62 of 112 (1,210 Views)

Hi Hon-za, while that may work, people might want to also consider running the "scrubber" before doing any of the above steps. This will eliminate any possible conflicts.

Don't forget to mark a post as solved if it fixed your issue

Master's Graduate
Garland_M
Message 63 of 112 (1,167 Views)

Just wanted to give this thread a bump so that others can see the solution above.

Don't forget to mark a post as solved if it fixed your issue

Honor Student
i-Moi
Message 64 of 112 (1,137 Views)

God knows I've tried a whole saturday the above trick, but it never worked for me.

After hours of trial/errors, I managed to force quit juste before everything getting erased : it's not only a "not too late nor too soon" problem, because sometimes error messages appear during the process.

I finally could do a sudo setup, but after whole process, I never got the HP Scan nor HP Director to see the printer, in USB nor through the network. (I'm running 10.8.2 on a MacBook Air, with a Laserjet 3052.)

I've got one question though, about the following steps :

7) Run the HP Setup Assistant via sudo
8) Update software via the App Store app
9) Continue with the Setup Assistant to setup USB printer

Does the 7th step mean that the HP Assistant must continue until its end, or that you just launch it through a sudo Temrinal command, leave it waiting, and then go on with step 8, for finally completing the setup after the update ?

Thanks form Paris, France, and a lot and congratulations for your work.

i-Moi

Honor Student
i-Moi
Message 65 of 112 (1,125 Views)

Hi everybody

I finally got my HP Laserjet 3052 to scan under Mountain Lion 10.8.2. I precisely followed the steps described in :
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4300712?start=0&tstart=0
There is a missing link though, so I copy the article here with the right download page :

In order to install the previous software you may try following the workaround below:

Enter System Preferences > Print & Scan, select the LaserJet 3052 printer and click the Minus sign to remove it.
Download the Mac OS 10.5 software below by clicking the download button:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en &cc=us&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=1140784&swItem=ma-58935-1&prodNameId=114077 9&swEnvOID=219&swLang=8&taskId=135&mode=4&idx=0
That's the link that didn't work. I Googled for "LJMFP305x339xOSX10.5Update-v8.2.dmg" and I found it (I forgot the URL though, apologies)
Follow the installation by skipping the Setup Assistant till the installation will finish.
Perform the following steps in order to provide the Setup Assistant the right permissions to complete on Mountain Lion:
Open Terminal from the Utilities folder
Type “sudo “ (with space) in the Terminal.
Locate the HP Setup Assistant in folder Applications/HP LaserJet Software
Right-click (or CTRL+Left click) the HP Setup Assistant and choose “Show Package Contents”.
Open the “Contents” folder and then click “MacOS” folder. It should contain the Unix Executable File of HP Setup Assistant.
Drag the HP Setup Assistant (Unix Executable File) into the Terminal and press enter.
Terminal will ask for the password of the user.
After writing the password press Enter Button.
Now follow the Setup Assistant Steps to complete the installation.

And everything works fine now, except that scanning is slower than before. And if HP Scan or HP Director don't see you AiO at once, try to relaunch it, that worked for me.

Have a nice day !
Conflit de modification pour 17 février 2013 18:09:25:
Hi everybody

I finally got my HP Laserjet 3052 to scan under Mountain Lion 10.8.2. I precisely followed the steps described in :
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4300712?start=0&tstart=0
There is a missing link though, so I copy the article here with the right download page :

In order to install the previous software you may try following the workaround below:

Enter System Preferences > Print & Scan, select the LaserJet 3052 printer and click the Minus sign to remove it.
Download the Mac OS 10.5 software below by clicking the download button:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en &cc=us&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=1140784&swItem=ma-58935-1&prodNameId=114077 9&swEnvOID=219&swLang=8&taskId=135&mode=4&idx=0
That's the link that didn't work. I Googled for "LJMFP305x339xOSX10.5Update-v8.2.dmg" and I found it (I forgot the URL though, apologies)
Follow the installation by skipping the Setup Assistant till the installation will finish.
Perform the following steps in order to provide the Setup Assistant the right permissions to complete on Mountain Lion:
Open Terminal from the Utilities folder
Type “sudo “ (with space) in the Terminal.
Locate the HP Setup Assistant in folder Applications/HP LaserJet Software
Right-click (or CTRL+Left click) the HP Setup Assistant and choose “Show Package Contents”.
Open the “Contents” folder and then click “MacOS” folder. It should contain the Unix Executable File of HP Setup Assistant.
Drag the HP Setup Assistant (Unix Executable File) into the Terminal and press enter.
Terminal will ask for the password of the user.
After writing the password press Enter Button.
Now follow the Setup Assistant Steps to complete the installation.

And everything works fine now,  I noticed scan is slower than before.

Take care and thanks everybody.

i-Moi
bu7 Tutor
Tutor
bu7
Message 66 of 112 (1,049 Views)

hon-za! Big-very big thank you! Did this yesterday for my Macbook Air, it works fine for me! Thanks so much for your instructions!

Student
Geografiek
Message 67 of 112 (866 Views)

Thanks Morandi,

This worked for me (OS 10.7.5 (Lion) HP Laserjet 3390)

Willem

bu7 Tutor
Tutor
bu7
Message 68 of 112 (860 Views)

[ Edited ]

hon-zaIt worked for my MacBook Pro (OS X 10.8.3) and HP 3052 (via Network)! Thank you very much!

Honor Student
Turtle111
Message 69 of 112 (711 Views)

Iron Badger,

I know your post is old - but I have to tell you that you are my HERO!!!  I have been trying to fix my mom's printer and scanner for 3 DAYS!!!  I LOVE YOU!  :smileyhappy:

Honor Student
Turtle111
Message 70 of 112 (710 Views)

Morandi!  You ROCK!  This is an AWESOME solution and I've been working on this for 3 DAYS!!  THANK YOU!  BTW for future use - hp no longer has the driver on their site - but if you do a google search on it - its easy to find... for now.  :-)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation