Question

Honor Student
alex23popescu
Message 1 of 3 (1,210 Views)

Laserjet 1536dnf MFP - Network Scanning problem on Mac OS X 10.8

I have a printer: LaserJet 1536dnf MFP,  wich run on a wired network with static IP.
I'm working with windows 7 on my desktop and Mac OS X Lion 10.8 on my laptop.
On windows 7 everything it's ok, but on my Mac I have problems with scanner.

I've downloaded the latest HP drivers/software for OS 10.8 from here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=kj-107393-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

I did not encounter error messages during the software install and printing function works fine, but I'm not getting OS 10.8 or HP Scan (4.0) to recognize the scanner. In the Hp Utility does not appear any scanner and the option for add a scanner is not active.

How can I add / install the scanner on my Mac ?

Thank you

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 3 (1,194 Views)

Re: Laserjet 1536dnf MFP - Network Scanning problem on Mac OS X 10.8

Hi,

When adding a printer under Print & Scan, can you see the printer listed as Bonjour kind within the default tab or may you had to configure the printer manually within the IP tab?

If the second option is correct, can you please clarify your router brand and model to better understand its Multicast support.

If the printer do losted as Bonjour, be sure to reboot your Mac and run Software Update, be sure to install any HP update and check for any change.

If there is still no change, try resetting the printing system:

*Be aware that resetting the printer system will remove any existing print queue and reset any customized driver settings.

Click the Apple menu, and then click System Preferences .
Select Print & Scan.
Right-click (or Ctrl + click) your product in the Printers list in the left panel, and then click Reset printing system .
Click OK to confirm the reset.
Type your user Name and Password .
Click OK . The printing system resets.

Now reconfigure the device by going to Applications\Hewlett-Packard\Device Utilities and following the HP Setup Assistant.

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Student
SSKangas
Message 3 of 3 (376 Views)

Re: Laserjet 1536dnf MFP - Network Scanning problem on Mac OS X 10.8

We have exatly the same problem as the printer is regocnized only on IP, not as Bonjour (or any other similar).

Out router make and model is:

Asus RT-N56U

Is there anything that could be done to make scanning to function?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation