10-25-2013 04:00 AM
Purchased a HP Laser jet 1536dnf multi printer yesterday having already upgraded to Maverick.
Cant download the drivers for 10.8 as it wont allow me. I have managed to use basic print settings.
any knowledge of a method of downloading the 10.8 driver or when updated driver and sodtware available on HP site?
10-25-2013 05:44 PM
If your LaserJet 1536 was working with OS X 10.7 or 10.8, the HP software and drivers will continue to work fine with new OS X Mavericks after an OS upgrade.
Apple Software Update - If you have a new Mac or clean OS X Mavericks system, HP provides the HP LaserJet 1536 driver and scan files via Apple Software Update right now. This is the same full featured driver as would be provided from hp.com/support.
This may help also - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3669#HP
Just make sure the printer is turned on and connected to the Mac when you create the printer queue (add printer), and the system will prompt you to download from Apple. Print, scan, and utility functionality.
I am an HP employee
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Printing Over a Wireless Network with Apple's AirPrint FAQs
- Scan from OS X v10.9 Mavericks With the Full Feature HP Software for HP Multifunction Printers
- Scanning in OS X v10.10 Yosemite Without HP Software