04-17-2009 03:31 AM
Installed P1505 laserjet three weeks ago, plugged and played very well, printed Word, PDF, JPEG no problem.
After a week or two of inactivity went to print and it would not print PDF.
Print queue starts out with 'printing' then status changes to 'stopped'.
Clicking 'resume' gives client-error-not-possible message.
I have gone through the six steps the HP support suggests, re-installed drivers etc, tried a Word doc and that no longer prints either.
Test pages and config pages print fine.
Any suggestions that don't involve Terminal programming would be greatly appreciated.
Otherwise, next stop, back to the store.
04-19-2009 05:07 AM
After some more fiddling about I tried Repair Permissions.
Deleted and re-added printer, then downloaded the driver from HP again and re-installed.
Working again, like there was never a problem.
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Printing Over a Wireless Network with Apple's AirPrint FAQs
- Scan from OS X v10.9 Mavericks With the Full Feature HP Software for HP Multifunction Printers
- Scanning in OS X v10.10 Yosemite Without HP Software