HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
04-29-2012 09:18 AM
Had to buy a new printer, Office Jet 6700 Premium. Networked wirelessly with Windows PCs but cannot install pre Intel Mac Mini running Tiger 10.4.1. Printer drivers are for MAC OS 10.5 and above. Is there a work around? Can I try the installation CD without crashing the computer?
Solved! Go to Solution.
04-29-2012 12:01 PM
The printer is supported by OS X 10.5 and above, as you may find by the specification below:
You may try setting an alternative driver to obtain print functionality and get a limited scan functionality using the Webscan feature through your browser.
You will not be able to get full functionality as the installation will fail on OS X 10.4
- In the Application folder, go to the Utilities subfolder and open the Printer Setup Utility.
- From the Printer list that appears, click Add.
- In that windows, from the menu at the top, select Default Browser.
- Highlight the 6700 printer and expend the Print Using popup menu.
- Select HP from this menu and then locate the HP Deskjet 6500 which should be included within the OS.
In order to scan, use the Webscan feature.
You will need to enable the Webscan feature first:
- From Safari, type the printer IP address to enter the printer's EWS page.
- Enter the Settings tab.
- Under Security, enter Administrator Settings.
- Mark the checkbox next to Webscan and click Apply
Now you will be able to scan by accessing the Scan tab of the EWS.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution
04-29-2012 02:07 PM
This worked pretty well. #5. Had to use ESP instead of HP Deskjet 6500, which then led to HP New Deskjet Series CUPS vers 1.1. Scan feature instructions did not work.