10-30-2013 09:27 AM
We are working with Apple to resolve a scanning issue that cropped at release of Mavericks. We hope to have that resolved and the software posted ASAP. In the meantime, you can use Airprint for any airprint compatible printer, or use ASU to get your printer setup and use Image Capture for scanning.
10-31-2013 02:00 PM
FYI, Airprint doesn't help a scanner, no idea what ASU might be and Image Capture only works if the computer can still see an HP scanner. Not the case for my G4050.
It would be more helpful for HP to set up a notification list so that folks with scanners can be informed when new scanner drivers are posted. Send that link out instead and people will appreciate it.
12-10-2013 06:04 PM
I have an HP Photosmart Premium-309 and am anxious for you to get this scanner problem fixed. It's really a pain to use the work around. It's been five weeks since the commitment to an ASAP resolution, how about an update?
12-12-2013 10:07 AM
I understand that you are looking for updates for scanner issues. Here is a link for all Mavericks updates www.hp.com/support just put in your printer and the update will be there.
I hope this helps, let me know.
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Printing Over a Wireless Network with Apple's AirPrint FAQs
- Scan from OS X v10.9 Mavericks With the Full Feature HP Software for HP Multifunction Printers
- Scanning in OS X v10.10 Yosemite Without HP Software