Question

Student
NeilRG
Message 1 of 7 (2,285 Views)

Mac OS Mavericks and scanner drivers

When will HP provide updated drivers for scanners so that they can function with OS Mavericks?

PhD Student
MBJustice
Message 2 of 7 (2,234 Views)

Re: Mac OS Mavericks and scanner drivers

Hi,

We are working with Apple to resolve a scanning issue that cropped at release of Mavericks.  We hope to have that resolved and the software posted ASAP.  In the meantime, you can use Airprint for any airprint compatible printer, or use ASU to get your printer setup and use Image Capture for scanning.  

Student
Teramac
Message 3 of 7 (1,978 Views)

FYI, Airprint doesn't help a scanner, no idea what ASU might be and Image Capture only works if the computer can still see an HP scanner.  Not the case for my G4050.

It would be more helpful for HP to set up a notification list so that folks with scanners can be informed when new scanner drivers are posted.  Send that link out instead and people will appreciate it.

Tutor
ramaynard
Message 4 of 7 (1,652 Views)

From your HP forum account preferences you can choose to be notified when new drivers are released.

Randy

Student
Semah
Message 5 of 7 (810 Views)

I have an HP Photosmart Premium-309 and am anxious for you to get this scanner problem fixed.  It's really a pain to use the work around.  It's been five weeks since the commitment to an ASAP resolution, how about an update?

Retired
Advance23
Message 6 of 7 (782 Views)

Hi Semah,

I understand that you are looking for updates for scanner issues. Here is a link for all Mavericks updates www.hp.com/support  just put in your printer and the update will be there.

I hope this helps, let me know.

Thank you,

I worked on behalf of HP.
Student
wuppy
Message 7 of 7 (373 Views)

[ Edited ]

i need drivers for hp printer  officejet 6500 

[Edited for Personal Information]

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation