Question

Student
Korbleuff
Message 1 of 8 (7,674 Views)

MacBook - print jobs stay in queue and don't print

I have a MacBook running Mac OS X, 10.5.6, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo.

My HP Officejet 6210 "All-In-One" printer will not print.  I have been able to print with it in the past just fine.  

When I send the print jobs they just sit in the print queue and the queue says "connecting" but they never print of connect.  I have my laptop connected to the printer with a usb cable.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

Honor Student
lmartinez77
Message 2 of 8 (7,634 Views)

Re: MacBook - print jobs stay in queue and don't print

I have the same problem with my Mac Book. OS X, 10.5.6. and Office Jet Pro K5400dn (C8185A). I am using a USB cable. I downloaded the most up to date HP drivers which supposedly support OS X 10.5.  When I try to print a test page or a Word document, the green light on the printer blinks, on the MAC it says the print job is connecting or is printing or sending data, but nothing prints. The print job stays in queue. It says the printer K5400 is the default printer.   I have not even tried to set up the wireless part, which is why I bought the printer last year.  The printer worked well when I had it set up with a Windows system, but I now only have a Mac.  We need help fixing this printing problem- the printer is useless with a MAC, so far.

Laura 

Honor Student
crissythechef
Message 3 of 8 (7,436 Views)

I'm having the same issues with my MACBook running OS X, 10.5.6 and my HP 6988 wireless printer.  All my print jobs sit in the queue and there is a message saying "connecting" but it never connects.

I've run the printer utility and shows that the printer is active and on line.  I can even print a test page, but when I try to print any other type of document, it just sits in the queue.  I've ensured that the correct printer is selected as my default printer.

Please let me know what I'm missing.  Thanks! 

Associate Professor
Wi-Fi-Guy
Message 4 of 8 (7,423 Views)

While it's a drastic step, you can try and reset the Mac print system (see this link) and then manually re-add the printer.  The downside of this method is that it will remove all print queues on your Mac.

I've gotten my Mac's into this state several times and this has always worked for me to get things going again.

You might need to follow-up with a reinstall of the remaining driver if scanning isn't working. 

Regards / Jim B / Wireless Enthusiasts
( While I'm an embedded wireless systems engineer at work, on this forum I do not represent my former employer, Hewlett-Packard, or my current employer, Microsoft )
+ Click the White Kudos star on the left as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
Honor Student
humedini
Message 5 of 8 (7,240 Views)

Hi, 

I have exactly the same problem with a MacBook and a K5400DN - the drivers install fine, the system can see the printer and tell me its status and ink levels - yet when you print documents they just sit in the queue and don't go anywhere at all. Any advice that can be given would be great - at the moment I am thinking of buying another printer that actually works with the Mac rather than pretending to. 

Jon

Tutor
monkeyman
Message 6 of 8 (7,232 Views)

Try the Gutenprint drivers, they have worked successfully for me over the last couple of days. HP drivers are obviously flawed and we can only hope that they get their backsides into gear and provide working drivers for the Mac OS
Honor Student
HPXALIA
Message 7 of 8 (7,217 Views)

Misery likes company and I was happy to read that you all are having the same problems that I am with HP printers.  I have had my HP Deskjet "All in one" printer for over a year and have only gotten it to work properly for about one month.  

HP customer support has been worthless.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software and drivers 40+ times.  I have finally gotten the printer to print after months of the print jobs being stuck in the queue but now it only prints part of the first page and in type so small you can barely read it.

I need to buy a printer that works with Mac and was hoping maybe someone here found another company that makes printers that work well with Mac.

Honor Student
lmartinez77
Message 8 of 8 (7,188 Views)

Dear HPXALIA-  I must confess I am not techy enough to do all the things the other kind people on this forum suggested. I bought a Canon PIXma MP620 and it works perfectly with the MAC, plus it is wireless. No problem for a dope like me to install it. The HP will go off to college with one of my kids.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation