HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
03-04-2013 10:23 PM
Sometimes I want to print out something from the web that has color, but if I don't need any color and just want black and white how can I do it? I don't see anything on the printer's control panel that lets me do that.
The Copy function on the control panel is, i assume, just for copying something that you place on top of the glass screen, and not for copying from the web. Is that correct?
Other printers (like my older Canon printer) lets me do black and white.
Solved! Go to Solution.
03-08-2013 12:34 AM
You may set black ink printing using the printer settings on your Mac:
First try clicking the Presets menu from teh print dialog and select the preconfigured Black only preset.
If a such does not appear follow the steps below in order to create such a preset manually:
1. From the application used to print, click the File menu and select Print. The Print window appears.
NOTE: The Print window might be minimized: Click the blue triangle next to the product model (Mac OS X v10.5 or v10.6) or the Show Details button ( Mac OS X v10.7 Lion / 10.8) to see all available settings.
2. To access the color options, click the lowest selection box listed as the name of the program (e.g. TextEdit)
Will appear as Copies & Pages within Microsoft Office applications.
3. Select Paper Type/Quality from the drop-down menu.
4. Click the triangle next to Color Options to expend the settings.
5. Set the Color field as Grayscale.
6. Set the Grayscale Mode as Black Ink Cartridge Only.
You may save the settings for future use by clicking Presets > Save Current Settings as Preset...
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution
04-03-2013 08:43 PM
Moved to Ink board with other similar posts on this topic