My HP Photosmart 6515 does not print black only. (1424 Views)
Top Student
cutnpaste
Message 1 of 4 (1,424 Views)
Accepted Solution

My HP Photosmart 6515 does not print black only.

Sometimes I want to print out something from the web that has color, but if I don't need any color and just want black and white how can I do it? I don't see anything on the printer's control panel that lets me do that.

The Copy function on the control panel is, i assume, just for copying something that you place on top of the glass screen, and not for copying from the web. Is that correct?

Other printers (like my older Canon printer) lets me do black and white.

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 4 (1,390 Views)

Re: My HP Photosmart 6515 does not print black only.

Hi,

You may set black ink printing using the printer settings on your Mac:

First try clicking the Presets menu from teh print dialog and select the preconfigured Black only preset.

If a such does not appear follow the steps below in order to create such a preset manually:

1. From the application used to print, click the File menu and select Print. The Print window appears.
NOTE: The Print window might be minimized: Click the blue triangle next to the product model (Mac OS X v10.5 or v10.6) or the Show Details button ( Mac OS X v10.7 Lion / 10.8) to see all available settings.

2. To access the color options, click the lowest selection box listed as the name of the program (e.g. TextEdit)
Will appear as Copies & Pages within Microsoft Office applications.

3. Select Paper Type/Quality from the drop-down menu.

4. Click the triangle next to Color Options to expend the settings.

5. Set the Color field as Grayscale.

6. Set the Grayscale Mode as Black Ink Cartridge Only.

You may save the settings for future use by clicking Presets > Save Current Settings as Preset...

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Top Student
cutnpaste
Message 3 of 4 (1,384 Views)

Thank you. Problem has been solved.

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 4 of 4 (515 Views)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation