Question

Honor Student
SCOOTERTRAMP
Message 1 of 6 (250 Views)

My Photosmart series 7700 will not print. I do not get any error messages. In the printer queue

HP Photosmart Series 7700  Model 7760

MAC OS 10.6.8  My printer will not print.  There are no lights on the printer and the only indication I get on my computer is in the

"print queue " window.  In the status colum it says error.  Next to the printer icon it says Printer Ready.  But I  still get no response from the printer.  It has plenty of paper and the color cartridge is new and the black carteidge has plenty of ink.  The only thing I did out of the ordinary before this started hapenning was to remove the paper tray and put it back in.  It will print the test patterns when I clean the cartridge heads and it will print the test picture.  The printer utility will not open up.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer drivers several times.  Still no joy.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 6 (222 Views)

Re: My Photosmart series 7700 will not print. I do not get any error messages. In the printer queu

Are you sure the printer drivers are specifically for 10.6?

Let's reset the printing system:

- Go to System Preferences > Print & Fax
- Right (or control) click in the rectangle listing your printers and select Reset Printing System.
WARNING - this will delete ALL of your printers!
- Select the plus sign to re-add a printer. Look for the printer, select it and wait until the "Add" button becomes available. Click it.

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
SCOOTERTRAMP
Message 3 of 6 (218 Views)

Re: My Photosmart series 7700 will not print. I do not get any error messages. In the printer queu

I did all that several times to no avail.  I followed all the trouble shooting steps on this web site and it did not fix my problem.  My printer was working with the OS 10.6 before it sarted having problems.  The trouble started after I took out the tray and reinstalled it.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 4 of 6 (217 Views)

OK, if you are sure the paper tray is re-installled properly, let's reset the printer.

With the printer ON, unplug power from the back of the printer for 30 seconds.  Plug back in and turn on.

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
SCOOTERTRAMP
Message 5 of 6 (208 Views)

printer will not print

Again, let me repeat.  I have followed all the trouble shooting steps on the HP web site.  My printer will still not print anything but the test patterns and the test picture.  That is why I started posting on this forum.  To find out something I can try that is not on the HP web site.  I have checked all my settings and reinstalled the software and reset the printer by unplugging it and plugging it back in.  Still no joy.  What I need is something out of the box.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 6 of 6 (205 Views)

Re: printer will not print

There is a Preferences menu on the front of the printer with a Restore Defaults setting.  You could try that.

Outside of that, something must be wrong with the paper tray interface.

I am employed by HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation