Question

Honor Student
mlfriend
Message 1 of 3 (231 Views)

Need the full functionality for Scanjet G4050 for Mac OS 10.9

I am Mac user and a few years ago I bought the Scanjet G4050, because the quality and good performance scanning photos and 35mm negative films.

I was pretty satisfied by the results and the perfomance of the HP software. I was able to include all the negative films and the program automaticaly scanned, and separate it in files and with the desired quality.

But, with all the upgrades of Mac OS the features and functionality of the software is becoming worse and worse.

I haven't been able to scan for a while with the OS 10.9. Now the last driver is working and I can scan. 

But, why have you HP guys removed the old negative scanning funtionality??? It worked perfectly well and now is a disaster.

Please, tell me you are planning to release a new driver with that functionality again. I expect that support from HP.

Thanks

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 3 (217 Views)

Re: Need the full functionality for Scanjet G4050 for Mac OS 10.9

Try scanning from your Mac. Use Image Capture app in your Applications folder.

Click once on the scanner on the left side, then click on Show Details along the bottom. Along the right side you will see LOTS of options for scanning and saving.

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
mlfriend
Message 3 of 3 (206 Views)

Re: Need the full functionality for Scanjet G4050 for Mac OS 10.9

No, that doesn't work.

It allows you to do it one by one manually, but not like the old version which identified all the photos and start to scan one by one automatically.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation