Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hi folks,

I am glad to hear some of you were able to get the issue resolved  🙂  For those of you still having troubles with your printer on Yosemite, let's try a different approach.

Please complete the following steps and let me know the outcome;

1. From the computer desktop, double-click the Macintosh HD  icon.
  2. Double-click the Library folder.
  3. Double-click the Printers folder.
  4. Right-click the HP folder, and then select Move to Trash.
  5. When prompted, type the Administrator name and Password for the computer, and then click OK. Wait for authentication to complete.
  6. Double-click the PPDs  folder.
  7. Double-click the Contents  folder.
  8. Double-click the Resources  folder.
  9. Locate your printer in the printer list, and then right-click on your printer and select Move to Trash.
  10. When prompted, type the Administrator name and Password for the computer, and then click OK. Wait for authentication to complete.
  11. Click the Trash icon on the taskbar, click the Empty  button, and then click OK to empty the trash.

NOTEBy clicking OK, all items in your trash will be permanently deleted from your computer. To delete one item in the trash, click that item to highlight it, and then click OK.
  12. On the upper-left corner of the computer desktop, click the Apple menu icon, and then click System Preferences on the drop-down menu.
  13. Double-click Print & Scan.
  14. In the Printers list, click your HP printer, and then click the Minus button to delete it.
  15. Restart the computer and now you have a fresh start.
  16. Download and install the HP Printer Drivers for OS X.
  17. Try scanning.

I look forward to hearing from you and will offer additional assistance if the issue remains unresolved. :smileyhappy:

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I experienced the same thing when i upgraded to Yosemite.  I tried loading a new driver (twice) but have come to the conclusion that HP has not updated it. 

HP Recommended

Hi @4ATP 

This document contains a list of HP printers that are supported in OS X v10.10 Yosemite; HP Printers Supported in OS X v10.10 Yosemite

Review the list to determine if your printer is supported in Yosemite. If your printer is supported in Yosemite, go to the HP drivers webpage to see if a full feature driver is available. If a full feature driver is not available, you can use the driver from Apple Software Update (ASU) to print.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Thanks!  Worked perfectly!

HP Recommended

Hey,

since I've updated to Yosemite I can't scan to email anymore. I have no problem to print or scan to my computer. But when I try to scan to email then I get the error message 'Credentials not correct' [my 'free' translation - the printer and I communicate in german 😉 ]

To set the  credentials, I go to the web page of the printer at 10.0.1.11 and fill out the form for email outgoing profile (like I did many times during the last 2 years) - and I am sure I set the right credentials and the right connection parameters to the smtp server of my email provider. 

A strange thing is the summary on the page with the save button. I fill out always the same data to the form but sometimes the dots in the password field are missing, sometimes there are 4 dots in the pin field, but I didn't fill out the pin field - it seems non deterministic, I can't find a pattern. But whatever I do, the test always fails with the error message "Fehlerhafte Anmeldedaten" - which means "Credentials not correct".

Of course I've tried several email accounts of several different email providers.

The printer is a HP Officejet Pro 8600 N911g.

Please, I am very thankful for every hint. 

Cheers - schaary

HP Recommended

Hello schaary,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

Regarding the Scan to Email setup issues, the credentials being incorrect, I would like to offer a possible solution. Which Email account are you trying to setup with the printer, Gmail, MSN, Yahoo, etc?

I have come across this issue before with multiple Email clients, most have been enabled for a two-step verification. This two-step verification is what blocks the printer for such features.

If using Gmail, check this Thread out: Re: setting up outgoing email profile. Also, this site: How and Why to Turn On Two-Step Verification for Your Apple, Google, and Yahoo Accounts, will have information about other Email Clients.

Best of luck!

CHeers,

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hello Jerends,

thank you very much, thats the solution. I've tried my Apple and my Google account, which may require two step verification. Today I've tried my fastmail.fm account and it works. Fastmail.fm doesn't require two step verification.

The non deterministic behavior of the summary page is still there 😞

Thank you, cheers,

schaary

HP Recommended

Thank you for the solution. I was able to add both my printer and flatbed scanner again and both work. Thank you for your help

HP Recommended

Hello Sunshyn,

I tried the solution you suggested, but it has not solved my inability to scan. It only sees my M175 as a printer. Any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

What do you mean @BigE604 ?

You said " It only sees my M175", what only sees it? What happens when you try to scan?

Can you post a screenshot?  How to take a screenshot on a Mac.         How to post a picture on the HP Forums.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.