Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Is an OSX 10.10 (Yosemite) driver available yet for the HP Officejet 6700 Premium? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Assuming you are using a network connection, try unplugging your router for 30 seconds and plug it back.

Next restart your Mac and turn the printer Off and On again, then check for any difference.

If that doesn't help, try resetting the printing system and check again:

*Be aware that resetting the printer system will remove any existing print queue and reset any customized driver settings.

Click the Apple menu, and then click System Preferences .
Select Printers & Scanners.
Right-click (or Ctrl + click) your product in the Printers list in the left panel, and then click Reset printing system .
Click OK to confirm the reset.
Type your user Name and Password .
Click OK . The printing system resets.

Now click the plus sign and try adding the printer.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Yes,

For now follow these steps to install the driver via Apple Software Update.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04510394

Once you launch Software Update, click the Store menu and then click on Reload Page to ensyre the latest drivers are listed.

A full featere software and drivers should become available on the HP site soon, you may check the following page for OS X 10.10, that should become available later:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5058338&task=&

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Still doesn't work. Since installing YOSEMITE my iMAC can't find the printer anymore.

HP Recommended

Assuming you are using a network connection, try unplugging your router for 30 seconds and plug it back.

Next restart your Mac and turn the printer Off and On again, then check for any difference.

If that doesn't help, try resetting the printing system and check again:

*Be aware that resetting the printer system will remove any existing print queue and reset any customized driver settings.

Click the Apple menu, and then click System Preferences .
Select Printers & Scanners.
Right-click (or Ctrl + click) your product in the Printers list in the left panel, and then click Reset printing system .
Click OK to confirm the reset.
Type your user Name and Password .
Click OK . The printing system resets.

Now click the plus sign and try adding the printer.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Thanks

HP Recommended

I recently updated my Mac to OSX 10.10 (Yosemite) now my HP Officejet 6700 Premium printer doesn't work over the wireless connection.  Is there an HP driver available yet?   The driver on your support page:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Officejet-6700-Premium-e-All-in-One-Printer-series---H711/432...

does not resolve the issue when installed.

Thanks in advance for your help.

HP Recommended

EL CAPITAN driver available for the HP Officejet 6700 Premium? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.