Question
OS X 10.9 Mavericks - Incorrect output using HP Scan application
Replies (286)

Intern
Andi45
Message 41 of 287 (2,303 Views)

Re: OS X 10.9 Mavericks - Incorrect output using HP Scan application

Where is the driver download for the Officejet 6500 Wireless E709n??

PhD Student
MBJustice
Message 42 of 287 (2,289 Views)

Hi,

Go to www.hp.com/go/support, click on "drivers and downloads" and enter in your product, it will take you to the download section for your product.  If the 10.9 software is available, it will be listed there.  

Intern
Andi45
Message 43 of 287 (2,284 Views)

That is incorrect. It says  "NOTE:If you have recently updated your computer to Mavericks from a previous Mac operating system, you do not need to install any additional software. Send a print job from your computer, and if the printer prints, you do not need to continue with these steps." 

I am only having problems scanning. I can copy, and print. When I scan I am unable to save. Only grey and black lines show up in the saved doc.

PhD Student
MBJustice
Message 44 of 287 (2,280 Views)

I am sorry.  I assumed you have read through the thread before posting your question.  

There is an issue with HP Scan and Mavericks that results in corrupted scans.  This issue results in black scans, striped scans, cropped images, etc.  There is an updated software that resolves this issue and it is being posted on HP.com in batches.  

Until that software is posted for your printer, you can use Image Capture or Preview to import scans from your product.  

Tutor
WithoutAClue
Message 45 of 287 (2,279 Views)

Thank you.  I may try this, but the software is for an all-in-one machine of a different model than my own, so I am doubtful.

An HP employee has today informed me that HP will NOT be providing updated software my stand-alone scanner, the Scanjet 4890.  If that is the case,  I will sell it and purchase a new scanner from a manufacturer other than HP.

They have lost a customer.

Top Student
JohnB64
Message 46 of 287 (2,271 Views)

There is a not so great work around for HP Scanjet -

Go to devices - select HP Scan - new device window 

Select Printer/scanner 

Go to buttons and program buttons to output to "preview"

Using the buttons on the scanner select the buttons that send to Preview

The Press the scan button

The HP Scanner Icon will appear in the Doc

You should get an indication that a document is being scanned

Eventuall the image will appear in the Preview window.

PDF to Preview seems to work best.

There is no control of what is scanned or how it is displayed. 

Tutor
Guus_1949
Message 47 of 287 (2,225 Views)

Thanks,

Problem solved.

Top Student
jtpier
Message 48 of 287 (2,206 Views)

It's there now.  I downloaded it yesterday in the afternoon.  You have to download and install both the printer/scanner upgrade and the raw camera upgrade for it to work.  I also had to restart my computer - didn't work until I did that.  Kept timing out.  The work arounds did not work for me.

Top Student
Damoxenus
Message 49 of 287 (2,177 Views)

Hi There
I migrated to Maverics from OS 10.6. snow leopard and I'm facing the same problem with my flatbed scanjet G2410. I'm able to scan but I cannot save the file properly. I have tried the suggested wayaround using preview or capture, but the scanner is simply not listed there. The system preferences do not list the scanner in printers/scanners but only in the botton line, allowing to assign shortcuts to scanner panel buttons. Those buttons make the automator to crash.

Intern
Andi45
Message 50 of 287 (2,244 Views)

I look forward to the update for my system which you say HP is currently working on. It is great to finally get responses from someone who represents HP. I must say though that I also use WD Western Digital to backup my mac. This company sent an email to their customers, I'm sure only to those who register their product and give their email. They informed us of problems with the Mavericks download and their product.  Although they haven't fixed it yet they have reached out to us. I have found the process with daunting HP. I had to comb though the internet to try to solve this problem after finding no driver download available (a week ago.) And now I spend time looking though these (many) posts to see if any apply to me (my email is full with them.) Although you were informative (I have to keep waiting and checking for my udate) It would have been more respectable for HP to reach out to its many customers. I have registered my all-in-one and HP has my email.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation