Question
OS X 10.9 Mavericks - Incorrect output using HP Scan application
Replies (286)

Honor Student
chrisaconnor
Message 51 of 287 (1,764 Views)

Re: OS X 10.9 Mavericks - Incorrect output using HP Scan application

I totally agree - HP should have been on the case before this!!

Tutor
WithoutAClue
Message 52 of 287 (1,756 Views)

You are fortunate they are even "on your case," as HP chose not to update my Scanjet 4890 with a new driver.  Great support.

Tutor
modeldad
Message 53 of 287 (1,741 Views)

HP is always a day late and a dollar short.  But they make up the dollar in Ink sales.

Tutor
Waters57
Message 54 of 287 (1,724 Views)

jtpier - please advise "what is there" as you have stated in your post. What HP printer product are you using / referring to? If it is the new drivers for C8180 please post the exact link to it. thanks
Tutor
dukeleto
Message 55 of 287 (1,722 Views)

Hey MB Justice, still no software update or patch for my photosmart 5510? I've got to agree with everyone else on here that this has been very badly handled by HP especially since apple launched Mavericks to developers several months ago so that all software could have been tested by people like HP. Very poor service and shows how little HP care about their customer base!

PhD Student
MBJustice
Message 56 of 287 (1,706 Views)

Sorry you feel that way. 

Tutor
dukeleto
Message 57 of 287 (1,697 Views)

Will I be expecting a software update for my all-in-one or is mine one of those not chosen to be updated?

Student
BT987
Message 58 of 287 (1,688 Views)

I have the scanning problem with my G2710

However in your workaround it says to use Input from scanner in Preview

However theis is greyed out in my compute

Image capture doent see my scanner any more either and it doesnt show in Printers and Scanners in system prefs

Can you help

This is very frustrating as the scanner worked great in Mwith the previous op system

I am using mavericks now.

Thanks

Tutor
Waters57
Message 59 of 287 (1,681 Views)

Hello HP, I think the idea of being able to converse with HP Experts is great and was really looking forward to participating yesterday in the iOS Mavericks forum.  As you hopefully know HP really dropped the ball on prividing many of the correct and updated drivers for numerous HP products to Apple for its Mavericks update.  We hope you realize this has caused significant disruptions to corporate and home users.  I personally posted 3 questions to the Mavericks HP Expert forum about printer driver updates for the HP C8180 product and have yet to recieve a response to any of them.  In fact of the many posts on this topic there has been less than 1% response from HP - hmmm!  We understand HP experts have identified the problems however have yet to provid the updated drivers.  While it has only been a month or so since Mavericks was released to the public, HP has had the product for 6 months or more.  We don't think this amounts to very good business practice and certainly is not in keeping with what HP advises is their values to their clients.  We would appreciate more specific answers to the many, many posts concerning this huge problem HP created or better yet, produce the updated drivers.  Again, I think the idea of holding expert days etc is a good one, keep it going, however need to produce better results please.  Thanks in advance for your quickest efforts to resolve this issue.

Student
ggn1812
Message 60 of 287 (1,631 Views)

Great WORK AROUND = After scanning with HP Scan, click file > print > PDF > Save as PDF.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation