Question
OS X 10.9 Mavericks - Incorrect output using HP Scan application
Replies (286)

Intern
Andi45
Message 61 of 287 (1,393 Views)

Re: OS X 10.9 Mavericks - Incorrect output using HP Scan application

Didn't work for me. All in one Wireless 6500 E709n.  This is getting rediculous!!! Get it fixed HP! You will definitely lose customers.

PhD Student
MBJustice
Message 62 of 287 (1,387 Views)

What didn't work exactly?  The workaround?  The 10.9 software for your product hasn't been posted yet.  

Tutor
modeldad
Message 63 of 287 (1,386 Views)

[ Edited ]

Actually my Apple iMac Image Capture has been working fine for the scan funtion on my Photosmart 7515.  Dragged it from applications folder to my Dock for quick access.

As my 7515 drivers were peoperly installed before OS 10.9, it recognized the scanner immediately.

Intern
Andi45
Message 64 of 287 (1,375 Views)

I was responding to someone who said to scan with HP then hit print then save. That didn't work. I was just trying to stay with my HP only. The work around using the apple preview works. A bit cumbersome. I miss my scanner.

Tutor
Guus_1949
Message 65 of 287 (1,352 Views)

Hi,

I have solved my scan problem by installing HP-Inkjet-SW-OSX-Mavericks_v12.34.42.dmg.

Try it.

Tutor
dukeleto
Message 66 of 287 (1,349 Views)

for which model does this work? because the other work around works, even if it is a pain...the save as pdf from print within HP scan

Student
Carloscf5
Message 67 of 287 (1,301 Views)

I have a photosmart 7510 (c311a) I'm now using Mavericks and i'm having a nightmare with my printer. 

The two main features that i'm now missing the option box to print in black only from the main printing window, i am also missing the option to scan to computer from the printer itself and this is the feature i need the most. Before i only needed to put my documents in the scaner and from the printer's screen i could send the document to my computer as a pdf or as an image to send it as an email or to store it in the computer. 

I want to know if these options are just not available yet for mavericks or is it that i installed something wrong. I deleted all hp software i had (the one that i used in ML) and tried to download the driver from Mavericks just to notice that there is no such downlad from HP website. Then i followed the instructions and went through the Apple Software Update, it did find an update for printers and scaners.  Now there is not hp utility in my applications and i found that to access it i have to go through system prefrenses. Once there i click on the option scan to computer and it says that there are programs missing and it can not be activated. 

Is HP working on this? Are you going to release a new driver or are these features lost for mavericks?

Student
Bungys
Message 68 of 287 (1,194 Views)

Hi I too have made the mistake of updating software due to the corrupt saving of scanned documents.

Regrettably, I can no longer scan on anything. Preview will not let me import, it is greyed out.

I have already wasted a few hours on this and might have to look to resourcing a different printer.

If anybody can come up with a solution so I can finish my expenses, please let me know.

Many thanks and regards

Bungy

Yep Student
Student
Yep
Message 69 of 287 (1,169 Views)

The experts keep saying "Until that software is posted for your printer, you can use Image Capture or Preview to import scans from your product. "

However you keep ignoring that a number of people here say those links to use the scanner in either of those tools are grayed out.  When I open Capture, there are no scanning devices recogized. When I attempt to use Preview, the link which would allow the import is grayed out.  

Student
BadgerGal
Message 70 of 287 (1,145 Views)

Looking forward to a remedy soon for my Photosmart 3210. Work arounds are working around here.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation