Question
OS X 10.9 Mavericks - Incorrect output using HP Scan application
Replies (286)

Honor Student
noonystock
Message 71 of 287 (2,076 Views)

Re: OS X 10.9 Mavericks - Incorrect output using HP Scan application

C'mon HP get your act together and get us some software to resolve this issue.  I cannot scan post-Mavericks, and none of the alleged workarounds work for me.

Honor Student
Gannett
Message 72 of 287 (2,043 Views)

I have a HP Scanjet G3010 so awaiting for the updated sofware for normal scanning service to be resumed on Mavericks.

Hopefully the really anoying 1% power drain caused by the  HPScanJet manager button monitor contant activity process will also be fixed.  As the scanner is only plugged in when I need to scan why TF would the process be active when there is no scanner attached ?

Could not workaround using preview or Image capture as this model scanner is not supported by those applications. However could workaround using the 

HP Scan -> scan to print -> Save print as PDF   or

Using Adobe Acrobat full version -> Create PDF from scanner then Save image as JPG.

Honor Student
Gannett
Message 73 of 287 (2,030 Views)

Also getting error message on the second scan when saving as PDF

ERROR
An Error has occurred saving the file because it could not be written to. Check the proper tie for the file to make sure it is not read only.

Works again after restarting HP Scan
Honor Student
tsonye
Message 74 of 287 (1,992 Views)

I have a G2710 scanner and experience the same problem. Been checking for software updates for days with no avail. Plus, none of the workarounds mentioned in this thread work for me. How long will it take you to fix this HP???

PvA Honor Student
Honor Student
PvA
Message 75 of 287 (1,906 Views)

You can order the G3110 photoscanner but it doesn't work as long as HP doesn't update the software for Mavericks.

Can't imagine that this is in HP's interest.

Honor Student
chris1776
Message 76 of 287 (1,888 Views)

I have a new MAc with an operating system 10.9. My cd -disk that comes with the printer will not work with this operating system. I have tried downloading from HP websight (which is a confussing sight) and it will still not work, I get a warning box pop up that states officejet-pro 8600 v1 invalid checksum.

Please tell me how I can down load the software so I can use my new computer with my HP 8600 pro printer.

thank you

Chris

Tutor
modeldad
Message 77 of 287 (1,891 Views)

[ Edited ]

For   officejet-pro 8600 v1   See if what you ned is here:

Click on your model, it will then ID your OS and give you download available.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-search.html?tab=1#/qryterm=officejet-pro%208600%20v1&searchtype=s-0...

Tutor
SpaceTrader
Message 78 of 287 (1,830 Views)

This is definitely a HP issue:

1 - This is not affecting only one model of scanner, search the web for "hp scanner don't work mavericks".
2 - Apple releases developer versions well before the final release. As a hardware manufacturer they should try their hardware and we are talking about HP, not a small company. It is a shame.
3 - The models affected are not under Apple list of compatible hardware (the one that does not need Hp software to work) http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3669.
4 - HP has released update version for 10.7, 10.8 and not for 10.9.
5 - HP is selling those products as OSX compatible (At least on my case).

We are about a month after Mavericks release and there is no single movement from HP.

As Apple customers, is to talk to Apple to provide an effective hardware accreditation so we don't fall in this situation in the future.

As HP customers, we need to discuss what is their concept of OSX compatibility, Apple will release a major OSX update every year, so compatibility means only until next update? Will you buy a piece of hardware to last only until next year?

One last thing is to forward this issue to as many communication vehicle like blogs, magazines and other so that we can get more visibility on this issue.

Honor Student
AnotherMacUser
Message 79 of 287 (1,817 Views)

Yet another complaint.  Photosmart Premium 401a here.  Scan worked JUST FINE until the Mavericks upgrade, and now all I hear about are workarounds--which don't work.  Attempting to import a scan from this printer into Apple Preview just crashes Preview.

Apple and HP should get their ducks in a row about whether this functionality is supported or not.  If the HP product just doesn't work with Mavericks and HP is relying on this "workaround", just let me know.

Student
chuck2007
Message 80 of 287 (1,816 Views)

file--import from scanner does not exist.  Only import bookmarks.  Please help.  thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation