Question
OS X 10.9 Mavericks - Incorrect output using HP Scan application
Replies (286)

Top Student
mac_frustrated
Message 81 of 287 (1,728 Views)

Re: OS X 10.9 Mavericks - Incorrect output using HP Scan application

For those of us who can't use a workaround (I'm a teacher and use my scanner heavily) because I don't have an all-in-one (I own an HP Scanjet 4850).....what next?!?!?  IS Hp working on an update driver for users in this boat, or.....am i realy going to need to purchase a new printer because my new OS software is TOO new....?    = (

Student
Alepaez
Message 82 of 287 (1,618 Views)

Thanks for the explanation.

But how long does it take to HP to fix the problme with SCANERS?

Tutor
fastdude
Message 83 of 287 (1,588 Views)

Re: OS X 10.9 Mavericks and Photosmart Premium All-in-One C410

Any software updates for the Photosmart Premium c410 All-in-One?

I've updated everything from Apple, but HP Scan still only saves corrupted files.

My work-around is to use System Preferences > Printers& Scanners, then click my printer on the left, click the "Scan" button on the right, then click "Open Scanner", which opens a small window for my printer. Click the scanner icon on the top right, and window for the scanner should open. Using the detailed view, I am able to scan and save in several formats.

BUT I still HP Scan to be functional again!

Honor Student
BlueGeorge
Message 84 of 287 (1,567 Views)

Please let us know when the HP Scan app is updated. I'll be first in line for the download!

Honor Student
chrisaconnor
Message 85 of 287 (1,547 Views)

Re: OS X 10.9 Mavericks and Photosmart Premium All-in-One C410

Thanks Fastdude - this work around works for me too!!

Top Student
birkhold
Message 86 of 287 (1,509 Views)

Thanks for the information. Can you tell me if and when HP will be issuing any software to enable me to use my scanjet g4050 photo scanner.

Intern
Andi45
Message 87 of 287 (1,486 Views)

I promise you HP, I will look to buy from another company when its time to replace my Officejet 6500 all in one. This is the 3rd one I 've had over the years. I saw no reason to look elseware but this lack of direct communication from you is wearing thin. I know you have employees occaionally respond on this forum but I just feel like you as a company has not directly addressed this issue. Honestly, I have no clue whether you are even working to solve this for your current products. I am tired of getting email notifications of new comments. I spend stupid amounts of time reading them with excitement and hope that this is over only to read about someone else's problem.  I will stop that and check every so often on the status of my driver update. I'm sure you won't go backrupt over this but what a dumb way to lose customers--Avoiding communication about a problem!

Student
Guitarjoe
Message 88 of 287 (1,364 Views)

Great Job, Man,

it works perfectly, HP can be proud of You as such a creative expert.

greetings from snowy switzerland!

Thanks a lot

Honor Student
chris1776
Message 89 of 287 (1,340 Views)

No this has not helped me. I have a new computer with the OSX 10.9 Mavericks operating system and I cannot use my printer with it now. The disk supplied withthe printer does not go to 10.9 and there is no download online that works. can you send me a link that downloads the HP 8600 printer to work with OSX 10.9 operating system.

thanks you

Chris

Top Student
mac_frustrated
Message 90 of 287 (1,324 Views)

Wow....so I peeked at where this message chain began (10/31).......and that was days AFTER this problem began surfacing for people.......so, nearly a month. I'm a diehard Mac fan and nearly diehard about the marriage with HP products, but it's fairly pathetic that a driver can't be tweaked ........ Nor even an estimate given on timeline for when this will be working......after a MONTH?

I'm an elementary school teacher with no access to scanning on campus, and I use my home scanner heavily. I had a promise out to my classroom families about posting something on the school website, but need to SCAN to make that happen, so falling behind with no recourse.

The workarounds don't work for me and at this point I'm getting ready to go out and buy an EPSON scanner and be done with HP for good. The customer support around this has been uncharacteristically DREADFUL.

HP, I'm not a solo voice here and this can't be the only message chain around this subject.........give a sign, throw a flare, SOME kind of update. Seriously, thanksgiving sales are coming and I'll be done with you at some point soon. I've seen software conflicts before but it rarely takes a WEEK to see resolution, let alone this!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation