10-24-2013 03:29 AM
After installing OSX 10.9 Maverick, we are now unable to scan from our HP ScanJet 8200 Scanner.
Is there an update coming or is there another way to fix the problem?
P.S. This thread has been moved from Scanners to Macintosh-Compatible Products. - HP Forum Moderator
10-24-2013 10:52 AM
10-24-2013 01:30 PM
I have the same issue:
"An error has occurred saving the file because it could not be written to. Check the properties for the file to make sure it is not read-only."
I just installed Mavericks- now the scanner (HP ScanJet G3010) will scan, but not save files. 1) Are you gong to release a Mavericks driver- Crazy that that has not already been done! 2) How do i just set up my scanner without HP software, I could then maybe save uisng Scanners & Printers. 3) The scanner is not recognized in Scanners & and printers- therfore i cant use preview or images to scan. 4) Your tutorials do not work and/ or are not related. ...
Here is my thinking...If I can get Scanner to show up in Scanner and Printers I could try a different way to scan!
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Printing Over a Wireless Network with Apple's AirPrint FAQs
- Scan from OS X v10.9 Mavericks With the Full Feature HP Software for HP Multifunction Printers
- Scanning in OS X v10.10 Yosemite Without HP Software