HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
04-13-2012 01:58 PM - edited 04-28-2012 02:02 PM
Printer: OfficeJet 7500a [D9B8A4]
OS: MacOS X 10.7.3
I'm using wifi. My computers can see the printer. I send a document to print. It appears to start, then nothing. Or, it spits out 30 pages, some with ink, most blank. Deleting nd re-adding the printer on any of my computers does nothing.
This printer used to work, and now appears to have gone insane.
I *can* print just fine if connected to the printer via USB.
Another computer in my house, running MacOS 10.6.8, has the exact same issue(s).
I just need to print one page. Please?
05-02-2012 11:53 AM
HP Printer SW 2.6 from Apple did not change the issue.
I belive 2.6 is an older version. Lets try this:
1. Go to Applications/Hewlett Packard/ click on HP Uninstaller and click Continue
2. Highlight your device on the left pane
3. Hold the Ctrl, Opt and Cmd keys and click on Uninstall
4. There will be a pop up that asks if you are sure you want to uninstall ALL hp software. (At this point, if you continue, any HP printers you have installed will need to be reinstalled)
5. Click Continue and let it finish
Now, run a Software Update. This can be done by clicking the Apple in the top left of the screen then clicking Software Updates.
Next, let's reset the printing system:
Go to System Preferences > Print & Scan
- Right (or control) click in the rectangle listing your printers and select Reset Printing System.
WARNING - this will delete ALL of your printers!
- Select the plus sign to re-add a printer. Select the Default tab on the top of the window. Look for the printer, select it and wait until the "Add" button becomes available. Click it.
FInally, download and install the software from here.
Hope this helps!